Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    um... may 2nd is going to be an interesting day.
    Ah, good to know, I might as well return to the messaging plugins instead of this
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ah, good to know, I might as well return to the messaging plugins instead of this
    What do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    What do you mean?
    He means he isn't going to bother trying to port webos to the pixi since apparently sprint is releasing it on 5/2/11.
  5.    #105  
    Oh, i dont care anymore! YAY SPRINT THANKS!
    It means that while we wait for Sprint to release 2.2 on May 2, I'll work on the Messaging Plugins. If it was all fake, we'll talk about 2.1 on Pixis
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    if sprint releases 2.2 on may 2, that'd be awesome. Then NuttyBunny can focus on the metadoctor part of it I hope my face doesn't turn blue though, from this big breath I'm holding....
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    If may 2nd comes and i have no 2.2.. im going to be very somber.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    That would be great, my original question remains.... when you go the the HP site and put in the first five of your serial #. What answer are you getting?
    I'm a pixi webos1.4.5 and the site tells me i'm inelligible for 2.0 but alternatives may be coming in the future.

Don't know if i should expect 2.? (whatever version) or not.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    may 2 will come and go and the story will still be "available for future updates". Just like veer and pre3 it will get pushed back a lot if it happens at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bru3184 View Post
    may 2 will come and go and the story will still be "In The Coming Weeks". Just like veer and pre3 it will get pushed back a lot if it happens at all.
    There, I fixed it for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bru3184 View Post
    may 2 will come and go and the story will still be "available for future updates". Just like veer and pre3 it will get pushed back a lot if it happens at all.
    +1
    From all the sprint convo's I feel like you could get them to say anything if you wanted. There goal is to make you sit down and walk away happy. If that means filling you full of "grains of salt". Then by all means they will do that lol.

I highly doubt May 2nd we will see webOS 2.2 on the pre. I would have been more convinced if the rep said 2.1 instead of 2.2. They could have said 2.2 just as the highest available.

Someone should go in the chat and ask them if iOS 4.3 will be available on the pre on may 2nd. And see what they say with enough pushing. If they lie to you to your face. What are you possibly going to do about it?

Eh
  14.    #114  
    We'll see on May 2nd! Sprint sounded PRETTY sure. i even asked them to make sure by asking a supervisor and she said "the information i provided you with is correct i checked."
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I think its right, after chatting with a palm rep, she says in the next couple of weeks people on sprint will have a way to update their phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I think its right, after chatting with a palm rep, she says in the next couple of weeks people on sprint will have a way to update their phones.
    You should know by now...

Its always "the coming weeks".

HEY PALM; Read my lips. Months != Weeks.
    Just remember, it's Sprint who's been giving this information, and only Sprint to blame if/when there's no update on Monday.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    oddly enough i just chatted with a palm rep about it this morning, and he told me that verizon wouldnt be releasing 2.x for the pixi+. i guess vzw is really moving away from palm then, atleast thats the nearest i can figure considering the chatter about sprint possibly releasing a 2.x update on monday.

any vzw pixi owners chatted with vzw about it?
    Last edited by cbravos; 04/29/2011 at 01:10 PM.
    If it does happen, I can only hope it runs better then the 2.1 I have on my sprint franken pre.

I know the leaked sprint builds ran MUCH smoother then the franken 2.1 builds do. So I tip my glass to hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbravos View Post
    oddly enough i just chatted with a palm rep about it this morning, and he told me that verizon wouldnt be releasing 2.x for the pixi+. i guess vzw is really moving away from palm then, atleast thats the nearest i can figure considering the chatter about sprint possibly releasing a 2.x update on monday.

any vzw pixi owners chatted with vzw about it?
    If VZW owners are going to get 2.x on the Pixi it's going to have to be through homebrew means. Verizon EOLed the Pixi (and I guess sent remaining new stock out to all those deal sites???) so they're extremely unlikely to push updates to it. Sprint on the other hand is still selling Pixis even if they are free.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast