Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    I'm having trouble setting up my work email from our Exchange Server on my Pixi Plus. I have tried to set it up as a EAS account. After I enter a secure PIN password it looks like it sets up, but only the outbox is there. Then a security policy error message pops up stating my email account is disabled because security policy can not be set and do I want to delete it.

    I know the blackberry and iPhone users have 4 digit PINs. I have set 4 digit PINs, 7 digit PINS and a very strong password.

    I have to get this working. What am I doing wrong?

    I have WebOS 1.4.5. Do I need to upgrade to 2.0? Will that help?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Could be a security certificate issue. Visit your secure webmail from the browser and "accept" the security certificate. That's how it worked for me.
  3. #3  
    when I was setting up Exchange access at my last job, I had to point the browser at the URL that contained the certificate. Accepting it on my phone made everything else work. I got the URL from another phone that was already accessing the Exchange server.
    RJKinsman likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when I was setting up Exchange access at my last job, I had to point the browser at the URL that contained the certificate. Accepting it on my phone made everything else work. I got the URL from another phone that was already accessing the Exchange server.
    I have been accessing my emails on the owa website on my palm. Is that what URL you mean?
  5. #5  
    There is something about WebOS your Exchange Server does not like--probably the lack of encrypted storage. Your solutions are either to get your IT department to relax their Exchange policies (is it snowing in hell?) or to simply access your email from the OWA website from your device as you have been doing.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ption-eas.html
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    There is something about WebOS your Exchange Server does not like--probably the lack of encrypted storage. Your solutions are either to get your IT department to relax their Exchange policies (is it snowing in hell?) or to simply access your email from the OWA website from your device as you have been doing.
    Yeah I was afraid of that. I work at a major University Hospital. Hippa won't allow it.
    Is there anyway to upgrade my Pixi from 1.4.5 to 2.0 WebOS???

    Thanks for the help.
    -J
  7. #7  
    There are a couple of threads about putting 2.1 on the Pixi in this forum, but I haven't checked in on them to view the progress. However, I'm not certain that 2.1 adds encrypted storage.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ml#post2943902
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when I was setting up Exchange access at my last job, I had to point the browser at the URL that contained the certificate. Accepting it on my phone made everything else work. I got the URL from another phone that was already accessing the Exchange server.
    Thanks! That worked for me!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbarnette View Post
    I have been accessing my emails on the owa website on my palm. Is that what URL you mean?
    At least on our system, it's different. For mobile e-mail, we have one URL, but for Outlook Web Access, it's different.

Posting Permissions