1.    #1  
    I had my phone on standby for a little while and then looked at my data usage and it went up and ive never done anything can you guys explain?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    data requests from things that running in the background are your phone. Any 3rd party apps or native ones like the email. Or any im accounts that could be signed in.
    Backup palm profile
    Only the display is off. The phone is still running normal.
  4.    #4  
    ya thanks I just downloaded a path in preqare where I could shut off the connection so everything is going good thanks.
    I'm on a 150mb plan myself, so i monitor 3G usage like a hawk.

I like the Quick System Tasks app for toggling radios, it is easy and intuitive, with a dashboard mode, and an app mode. I recommend you give it a try.
  6.    #6  
    Just downloaded it right now looks good I will keep using it so far everything is working good. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    I had my phone on standby for a little while and then looked at my data usage and it went up and ive never done anything can you guys explain?
    When you say you "looked at your data usage"... where were you looking?? At your carrier's site??

Your carrier only updates your data usage once a day or less, it seems... in hopes of catching you going WAY over your "prepaid" limit. I thought that Sprint was the only carrier that did this, but ATT does it as well.
  8.    #8  
    Nop i downloaded an app in preware that tells you how much you have used its called netstat.
    I use mode switcher with a data on demand mode to control when data is transmitted. I also went to wifi preferences sleep setting and selected turn wifi off when connected to networks and not active and I see a huge battery savings.