Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I'm back baby!

The EVO tempted me with technical goodies. And the EVO is a wicked awesome phone. The screen, 4G, the camera, all those apps, the UI... and after 8 months I finally realized that I didn't use any of it.

It started when I saw no real difference with 4G, when it worked, so I turned it off to save battery. Also, I turned off Bluetooth to save battery, because I never used it. I also turned off GPS to save battery. I stopped playing games to save battery (and to stop wasting time). I uninstalled foursquare and whrll, because I never used them. I stopped using facebook on my phone because it's just a time-waster. Uhhh.. why was I carrying this big beast around?

Hey, I'm not a power user. I mostly just talk on the phone and text. That's why I liked my Pixi in the first place. Plus, I don't have to worry about a big piece of glass falling out of my back pocket. I just wish I didn't have to pay $10/month for the privilege of using a phone Sprint has deemed is a "smartphone."
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I just went from a Pre 2 to a Pixi Plus. I can understand why you left the EVO. I left the Android camp to go back to Palm. And welcome back.
    sorry a little off topic, but which keyboard do you like better? the pixi plus or pre2?
    just did the same...went back to the pixi over the evo until pre 3 comes..hopfully
    I dont mean to sound like a smart *** but if you arent interested in any of the smartphone features why not just go with a feature phone and save the ten bucks?

Other than the 4G all the features you listed that you never used are available on the pixi as well.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I went from Pre+ to Pixi+ and loved the Pixi. But I didn't use it for apps the way I did my Pre, so I can see why it should be available with a limited data plan - it's an awesome texting/talking phone. I've just recently gotten a Pre 2, and i'm happy to have the extra speed and will be using apps again, but that Pixi keyboard was the best I've used in 15 years of cell phones. It's only been a few days and I'm already feeling UGH everytime I type on the Pre2 (although so far no missed/dup letters so it's better than my Pre+)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I'm back baby!

The EVO tempted me with technical goodies. And the EVO is a wicked awesome phone. The screen, 4G, the camera, all those apps, the UI... and after 8 months I finally realized that I didn't use any of it.

It started when I saw no real difference with 4G, when it worked, so I turned it off to save battery. Also, I turned off Bluetooth to save battery, because I never used it. I also turned off GPS to save battery. I stopped playing games to save battery (and to stop wasting time). I uninstalled foursquare and whrll, because I never used them. I stopped using facebook on my phone because it's just a time-waster. Uhhh.. why was I carrying this big beast around?

Hey, I'm not a power user. I mostly just talk on the phone and text. That's why I liked my Pixi in the first place. Plus, I don't have to worry about a big piece of glass falling out of my back pocket. I just wish I didn't have to pay $10/month for the privilege of using a phone Sprint has deemed is a "smartphone."
    I can see myself doing exactly the same thing.
    I just keep using my Treo Pro.

Glad to see you back.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    sorry a little off topic, but which keyboard do you like better? the pixi plus or pre2?
    The where both good the Pre 2 is less clicky than the Pixi keyboard. The keyboard on the Pixi is better if you type a lot on your phone. The main problem I had with the Pre 2 and Pre is the slide mechanism make you type in a small keyboard shape hole. I do like typing on the Pre, however the 'Razor' takes awhile to wear down.

Yes, I don't use apps very much on the Pixi either. However. the Media Playback bugs and Luna restarts made me want to go back to the WebOS 1.4.5. I just hope HP/Palm does another Pixi style phone
    To the OP, maybe you didn't see a difference with 4G because you didn't have 4G coverage where you used the Evo?

Also, I agree that the Pixi has the best keyboard I've used on a phone, better than Blackberries I've used. The Pre 2's keyboard is definitely better than the Pre, and what I've heard about the Pre 3 is that it continues improving the keyboard, but the Pixi still has the best-feeling keyboard.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    I dont mean to sound like a smart *** but if you arent interested in any of the smartphone features why not just go with a feature phone and save the ten bucks?

Other than the 4G all the features you listed that you never used are available on the pixi as well.
    I would consider a feature phone if there was I liked and I was eligible for an upgrade. I already owned the Pixi, so I just switched back to that. I like the form factor and the keyboard. I like the synergy in email and calendar. Is there a feature phone that will bring in all my google email accounts and calendars and facebook contacts?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    To the OP, maybe you didn't see a difference with 4G because you didn't have 4G coverage where you used the Evo?
    Dallas supposedly has good 4G coverage. If I didn't have 4G coverage in Dallas, then who does?
    Dallas does have some good 4G depending on the area. My sister tested it out on her evo and she said it was pretty good.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I agree with the OP.

When I had the Evo shift it had a great battery, but I did have to turn off 4G and GPS all the time to save battery. I also just can't be as efficient with android as my pixi. Seems like everything I needed to do took an extra step or two in the process to complete.

A big downer for me on android was that there was no auto complete for number dialing, as I work with a big corporation and most phone numbers the first 5 prefixs stay the same and same with my office the first 6 prefixs are the same, so I would just need to dial 5 or 4 digits to call someone. Pixi has it built in which in my book says a lot about the OS system.
    Well I just switched from a Droid Incredible a very similar phone to the evo just on the Verizon network. Got the Palm Pixi+ for $59.99 so I figured why not been wanting to try webOS for a while.
    I love my Pixi+ too. Great keyboard. I actually upgraded from a feaure phone (Env3). The Pixi does all the important things very well: phone, text, email, calendar, synergy, checkbook, etc...

if I was interested in playing games some of the Droid Giants might be attractive.

For what I need and what I think is important, the Pixi+ is ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    I love my Pixi+ too. Great keyboard. I actually upgraded from a feaure phone (Env3). The Pixi does all the important things very well: phone, text, email, calendar, synergy, checkbook, etc...

if I was interested in playing games some of the Droid Giants might be attractive.

For what I need and what I think is important, the Pixi+ is ideal.
    Yes webOS does do all the essentials great.
    And actually webOS handles games much better than Android.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Switching between Apps is so much better in WebOS. It was also so dang slow in Android in my experience and this is with an overclock Motorola Droid.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    BTW, when I went to the flagship Sprint store to ask a question, they had no Pre or Pixi devices on display. Walking in off the street you wouldn't know they had any relationship with HP/Palm. You can buy Pixi devices online, but I don't see the Pre on there.

I wonder if Palm used Sprint to create hype for the Pre and then dumped them for the bigger carriers. Or maybe Sprint was disappointed the Pre didn't perform as Palm promised. Either way, I would be (pleasantly) surprised to see another HP/Palm device in Sprint stores.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have to tell you..I just switched back from the Droid X to web Os (palm Pixi +) and I missed it. While the Droid X is a very nice phone the functionality and usefulness of web os is great to have in my hands again. Not to mention much easier to pocket and a joy to use. I am excited to upgrade in December to the Pre 3
    Still with the evo after 3 months away from my og pre. I dont know why i took so long to make the jump to android. After upgrading my battery to 1750 mah, and flashing cm7 my evo lasts over 30 hours on one charge. Plus i use the 4g wifi hotspot to play blackops and i barely get 1 bar of signal!

There were alot of pluses with the Pre, but the utter nonexistence of home screen customization made me realize how much i missed the palm treo and centro phones.

Im really hoping that Palm can bring the Pre4 to sprint some day next year (...hoping for that slab phone that was leaked) and that devs will come aboard to supply the goodies.

Theres just way too much that Android has going for it that WebOS doesnt have yet for me to lose some of the things i use on a daily basis.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast