Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    BTW, when I went to the flagship Sprint store to ask a question, they had no Pre or Pixi devices on display. Walking in off the street you wouldn't know they had any relationship with HP/Palm. You can buy Pixi devices online, but I don't see the Pre on there.

I wonder if Palm used Sprint to create hype for the Pre and then dumped them for the bigger carriers. Or maybe Sprint was disappointed the Pre didn't perform as Palm promised. Either way, I would be (pleasantly) surprised to see another HP/Palm device in Sprint stores.
    If that was their master plan..... i think it failed.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I can see myself doing exactly the same thing.
    I just keep using my Treo Pro.

Glad to see you back.
    I hear that. I even went back to my Treo 750 when my Pre minus died.
    Quote Originally Posted by ezday42 View Post
    I have to tell you..I just switched back from the Droid X to web Os (palm Pixi +) and I missed it. While the Droid X is a very nice phone the functionality and usefulness of web os is great to have in my hands again. Not to mention much easier to pocket and a joy to use. I am excited to upgrade in December to the Pre 3

This may be the strength of the Veer. All the usefulness of the Pixi+ and even more pocketable (if it doesn't get lost). Not to mention webOS 2.xxx and pure speed.
    i don't think that the veer can upgrade anything for me and my Pixi+. (assuming that now
    when there's hope for 2.1 on the pixi+ we'll have that upgrade too)
    I really love my Pixi+ too, but I would like it to operate as quickly and smoothly as I have heard the Veer will run with the updated processor, etc...
    Well... I am back as well. Rang chap whom I sold my Pixi+ few months ago and to my big surprise he said yes, have it, used it twice ...
    However kept my HTC Desire HD (aka ACE) because of certain apps I use (and need).
    But, tbh, stupid HP!!! Was hoping that webOS2.x will be available as announced,but looks like just blank promises... I know Pixi + has its limits, but at least "stripped" down version (without heavy graphic???) should be made...
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    I really love my Pixi+ too, but I would like it to operate as quickly and smoothly as I have heard the Veer will run with the updated processor, etc...
    Well... that never gonna happen... Veer has doubled most important parts : CPU and RAM.
    now that my +- Pixi has wifi on sprint the only things I am missing is flash and a music id app like iphone has. I looked at the HTCs and would have gone with the shift if I hadn't found this forum and wifi for my Pixi. The downfall of the shift is the $10 extra a month for a service I would be able use(4G). And mobile games just don't cut for me no matter how "advanced" they are. I have grown accustome to a 360 and a big tv, so anything less then that feels like a waste of time rather then entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexton270 View Post
    Well... that never gonna happen... Veer has doubled most important parts : CPU and RAM.
    I know and the Veer isn't even an option as I am on the Verizon network. Right now I'm leaning towards the Pre2 when I upgrade in October. Maybe by then there will be a Pre2+ or some other new hardware (updated Pixi form factor). I really do love the Pixi's keyboard.
    [QUOTE=rsanchez1;2935073]To the OP, maybe you didn't see a difference with 4G because you didn't have 4G coverage where you used the Evo?

Also, I agree that the Pixi has the best keyboard I've used on a phone, better than Blackberries I've used. The Pre 2's keyboard is definitely better than the Pre, and what I've heard about the Pre 3 is that it continues improving the keyboard, but the Pixi still has the best-feeling keyboard.

Agree on this. Pixi has VERY good k'board. And thanx God, no issues (like qwertz instead of qwerty).
    I have a pre2 and a pixi + and as others have said the Pixi has an AWESOME keyboard. I still like the keyboard on my 755p a little better...but the Pixi is a very close second...and the pixi is SO much smaller and sexier than the 755p!

There are a few problems with the pre2 keyboard. They keys are less "clicky" as in they have much less travel when you push them, so less tactile feedback. They are also "flatter" on the top.

My big pet peeve is how "shallow" the slide out keyboard is and the weight distribution. Basically holding the phone to type into it is just not stable/comfortable feeling.

The pixi keyboard avoids all of those issues.
    the reason I bought a Pixi was for the keyboard. I walked into the sprint store with my broken Centro set on buying something simple and heavy duty with a keyboard. Walked out already in love with a Pixi and I have to say my first Pixi lasted longer then I expected.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12