Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #141  
    yeah!!!!!!!!!
    Export sucessful,
    Wait me upload to host for nutty
    I can not wait when I can try webos 2.1 on my palm pixi plus at&t
    I just want to thank users bero and mr.xtop for all their help with this. If it not were for them we wouldn't get this far.

The next step is to figure out a way to put this on people's Pixies

As a side note, I want to add that the webOS Internals group is not associated with this effort

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    That is, if it's legal to.
    Sprint Love
    A dumb thought, but shouldn't the phone be reset to a clean slate (maybe with some EPR) before the backup? Otherwise his personal tweaks and patches will be part of the WebOS dump, or so I'd think.
  6. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    A dumb thought, but shouldn't the phone be reset to a clean slate (maybe with some EPR) before the backup? Otherwise his personal tweaks and patches will be part of the WebOS dump, or so I'd think.
    I figure it'd be worth it to see if it can even be configured to work before worrying about getting a clean rom
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    Already talked to him about that, he may redo the dump after cleaning up the phone.
    Even if he doesn't remove things up, there are ways. Preware is smart enough to leave backups of everything it modifies, so we can get a cleanish image of it.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    I love this! Watching everyone work on getting this done has been amazing. Thanks everyone for a wonderful learning experience.
    so..... where r we standing now, Nutty - r u working on this by yourself?
    I don't know if nuttybunny's working on this alone, but I have a spareATT pixi here (mine broke down, I got a refurb one, and I complained enough and got a new one for $8.99! ATT customer care rocks!). I'd be willing to test on it if needed. Just hit me up with a PM.
    Last edited by pezman726; 04/16/2011 at 06:26 AM.
  11.    #151  
    Nutty had my backups.
    Hope to nutty ;D
    He try to make firmware install file for pixi.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Of course I'm not alone on this, but I haven't seen how are going to do this... If it's relatively easy we may try to create a doctor, if it's not, it may be a set of complicated and cryptic instructions that could be automated somehow.

From what I see, it's not going to be easy, and the fact that I don't have a Pixi doesn't make things easier

Anyway, mr.xtop is still trying to upload 5 90Mb files to me so I can clean them up and come up with something easier to download.

Let's keep the patience, this 2.0 on Pixi came as a surprise for everyone and I think we all can wait a few days more.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.xtop View Post
    Nutty had my backups.
    Hope to nutty ;D
    He try to make firmware install file for pixi.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Yes, I got the link. Downloading now. Just to inform you guys, my girlfriend is doing her medical residence, and this weekend she is completely free to be with me, so don't expect much from me these 2 days

Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

Of course, if someone has a spare Pixi that could lend me for a few days, it would be nice. I'd return it with this installed

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yes, I got the link. Downloading now. Just to inform you guys, my girlfriend is doing her medical residence, and this weekend she is completely free to be with me, so don't expect much from me these 2 days

Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

Of course, if someone has a spare Pixi that could lend me for a few days, it would be nice. I'd return it with this installed

Enjoy mate, and well done mr.xtop!

I wish I had a spare lol, but someone might because they've been on offer recently!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Of course I'm not alone on this, but I haven't seen how are going to do this... If it's relatively easy we may try to create a doctor
    I never got that part of the meta-geneticist project working ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I never got that part of the meta-geneticist project working ...

-- Rod
    Well, that's not really encouraging... coming from The Wizard himself

But it will be a nice moment to experiment again with that.. hehehe

that sounds like nuttybunny's challenging you rod!

maybe when I get back to my dev environment I'll see what makes this metadoctor tick. Any particular linux distro recommended? I have ubuntu 10.something right now, but I can go ahead and grab another one.
    Last edited by pezman726; 04/16/2011 at 07:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    that sounds like nuttybunny's challenging you rod!

maybe when I get back to my dev environment I'll see what this metadoctor tick. Any particular linux distro recommended? I have ubuntu right now, but I can go ahead and grab another one.
    Ubuntu or OSX is recommended for meta-doctor work.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    cool. I'll familiarize myself on Monday. I work with a few ppl on sprint pres that I'm sure would appreciate me getting the metadoctor environment set up!

question... I don't have access to look right now. What language is the metaDR written in? I'll assume c/c++? I F'ing hate pointers!!! Haven't touched it since college. .net C# ftw!
    Last edited by pezman726; 04/16/2011 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    cool. I'll familiarize myself on Monday. I work with a few ppl on sprint pres that I'm sure would appreciate me getting the metadoctor environment set up!

question... I don't have access to look right now. What language is the metaDR written in? I'll assume c/c++? I F'ing hate pointers!!! Haven't touched it since college. .net C# ftw!
    No, The Meta Doctor is a GNU Makefile (look x the manual), that runs "simple" unix commands and shell scripts. I think it also run some java files on there.

In all, Rod did an excellent job while creating the Doctor, but, well, this will be rough as we're exploring uncharted waters (quoting him).

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast