Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Even with webos 2.x, (if we found some legal way of getting it on other devices) I'd assume there aren't even any 2.x specific apps that would work with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Even with webos 2.x, (if we found some legal way of getting it on other devices) I'd assume there aren't even any 2.x specific apps that would work with the phone.
    The messaging plugins should work with no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.xtop View Post
    Could you help me Error login Facebook 1.5 Beta: "Unknown Palmcall failure" (

I think I would push that to a new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.xtop View Post
    Could you help me Error login Facebook 1.5 Beta: "Unknown Palmcall failure" (
    Here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...l-failure.html
    Just call me Berd.
    wouldn't a Pixi Plus have memory of 16 gb?
    Nope its definitely 8gb
    Shadowflank likes this.
  7.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Thank you, i made a other topic
    hey Mr.xtop I'm from viet nam too..where are you?
    Even if a rom is extracted in a usable form, the Pixi still is totally crippled in terms of RAM and 2.1 uses even more RAM. If someone can find out how to disable any unnecessary services and whatnot in WebOS 2.1, it would be beneficial to all, especially the Pre- owners.
    glad to see that there are vietnamese people too who uses palm devices because i'm also vietnamese. awesome news anyway, could that mean that HP is working on a WebOS 2.1 for pixis? would be a surprise if HP will release that upgrade.

nhung doc tieng viet van kho qua...
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Those green dots on the keyboard are WEIRD! Could it be some kind of internal testing device?
    Those dots also appeared in the most original Pixi leak, the 4GB GSM one.

http://www.tinhte.vn/tin-tuc-gioi-th...et-nam-284283/
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by katzme View Post
    wouldn't a Pixi Plus have memory of 16 gb?
    I believe the only change between the Pixi and the Pixi Plus was the addition of the WiFi radio.

WTB even a slightly stripped down version of webOS 2 for the Pixi. Even if all it gains are the APIs and Exhibition mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    That's the thing. This Pixi would need to be 800mhz all the time to function right.
    So it would need to be a Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    So it would need to be a Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Apples to oranges.

Pixi uses an MSM7267 which is an armv6. Veer uses an MSM7230 which is an armv7.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Hey cool, I got a mention on the front page in the article linking to this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    That's the thing. This Pixi would need to be 800mhz all the time to function right.
    No. ALL the Pixi needs is double the RAM. That's it!! The only problem with computers since the year 2000 has been MEMORY.

The reason the Pixi is so slow has NOTHING to do with the CPU, and EVERYTHING to do with swapping from fast memory to slow memory and back and forth. Just double the fast memory, and you've got a FLUID device.

I think the reason HPalm doesn't want to do this is because all the sliders would go down the drain if people realized what a simple correction it is to "fix" the Pixis.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Just a reminder... Even if we made it work and we were able to put 2.1 in Pixis/pixi pluses, there won't be custom kernels until Palm releases the necessary files (the kernel can't be decompiled, examined and recompiled again) :P
    What kernel do you expect is on the OP's phone?

And what kernel sources are you looking for, exactly?

THESE -->> http://forums.precentral.net/2930309-post1078.html
    ????
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    What kernel do you expect is on the OP's phone?

And what kernel sources are you looking for, exactly?

THESE -->> [url]
    ????
    Of course he has the 2.1 kernel, and we would need the kernel sources........... FOR PIXI 2.1!!!!

Those won't work at all in 2.x . This happened once with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Nice, this should be able to easily ported to pixi devices. but OC is are next wait. I think palm might of given us a gift.
    Um. I'm almost too embarrassed to ask this, but... doesn't that phone look a bit squat in those pictures? My girlfriend has a Pixi Plus and I don't know, maybe it's just a fisheyed camera or weird lighting in the pictures or something, but the Pixi I know somehow looks more elongated to me. And its sides are less rounded.

Am I hallucinating this or does anybody agree?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast