Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The devices identify themselves, trust me.
    ...and that's what would have to be changed.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    if they didn't keep track of that stuff, I'd see all sorts of 2.x apps and things that are Pre only in the app catalog. As it stands though, I only see apps that will work with my pixi and <= 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    if they didn't keep track of that stuff, I'd see all sorts of 2.x apps and things that are Pre only in the app catalog. As it stands though, I only see apps that will work with my pixi and <= 1.4.5
    I'm talking of manipulating the network traffic between the device and the AppCat server...
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I'm talking of manipulating the network traffic between the device and the AppCat server...
    Are really talking about this here?
    The device authenticates with Palm servers when you login to the profile. They exchange unique encrypted tokens and they store on their respective sides. When the device talks to the app catalog, it uses the stored tokens. The tokens are exchanged on profile login and can't be changed.

I understand that somehow you want to change the encrypted traffic to fool the servers I'm on another device, how do you expect to do that? Or said in other words, Do you really expect me to research if I can sniff the traffic, modify it and send it to the server? Sorry pal, it's not gonna happen. I could do a masq procedure, but given the insistence on the topic I might as well leave things the way they are and just make the Pixi login with a 9.9.9 profile.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    This isn't even the thread in which I'm posting progress.

I'll no longer answer here.

Go here instead: Official webOS 2.1 on Pixi effort thread

Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    NuttyBunny: I never said to someone that he should do this nor that I would need this.
    (I have full AppCat access here with paid apps and I don't own a Pixi and will never do so)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    does anyone happen to have a sprint (cdma) pixi doctor? er 2.0 or newer <3 plz lemme kno
    Quote Originally Posted by deeg View Post
    does anyone happen to have a sprint (cdma) pixi doctor? er 2.0 or newer <3 plz lemme kno
    webOS 2.1.0 Doctor for PixiPlus on Verizon, AT&T, and WR (ROW)/Pixi on Sprint!
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I'm not read all post...

But... I found git...
    git clone git://github.com/webos-internals/meta-doctor.git
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415