Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    How did you get one so quick? Or is that the one you bought.
    awesome!!!! Have fun!!!
    [QUOTE=NuttyBunny;2943061]People, just to tell you, I have a beautiful AT&T Pixi Plus in my hands, charging right now
    It may have been activated with AT&T since it came with an AT&T SIM (go figure).
    Right now I'm working with phucdaigia09 to get another 2.x version from his Pixi.
    This is going to be a FUN weekend [/QUOTE

YES! (I'd put that video where M.Bison goes YESH!, but I can't put links up)

Soon, we can get the 2.1 (I think) on our Pixis (hopefully!) REALLY wish I could do something to help. Anyway, Good Luck NuttyBunny (and anyone else working on this).
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    How did you get one so quick? Or is that the one you bought.
    It's the one I bought! It turns out that the seller shipped it overnight and arrived today!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    big thank you to the seller!!!!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    It's the one I bought! It turns out that the seller shipped it overnight and arrived today!!

Score keep us updated nutty!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Score keep us updated nutty!
    Yes please.

Im looking at installing this on my wife's pixi (sprint).
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Flash and exhibition is the same as in the "official" 2.1 Pre Plus doctor.

In some provider/country combinations you probably don't have to mask it as 1.4.5, eg. Germany and O2/UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Flash and exhibition is the same as in the "official" 2.1 Pre Plus doctor.

In some provider/country combinations you probably don't have to mask it as 1.4.5, eg. Germany and O2/UK.
    My friend, it's a Pixi, there is absolutely NO carrier that will support 2.1 on their profiles. It will certainly need to be masqed

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    My friend, it's a Pixi, there is absolutely NO carrier that will support 2.1 on their profiles. It will certainly need to be masqed
    I'm not sure but I don't think model is being checked for appcat access.
    In Germany only Pre Pluses are "officially" supported for webOS 2.1, but I can access the 2.1 appcat with my Pre- too (without any masquerading). I think it wouldn't make any difference if I did this with a Pixi.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I'm not sure but I don't think model is being checked for appcat access.
    In Germany only Pre Pluses are "officially" supported for webOS 2.1, but I can access the 2.1 appcat with my Pre- too (without any masquerading). I think it wouldn't make any difference if I did this with a Pixi.
    Oh, yeah, it IS being checked. Not every time you access the catalog, but when you log onto your profile. That was reason to "overwrite the masq file" once logged to the profile on the first tests with 2.1 on the Pres.

Oh, yeah, it IS being checked. Not every time you access the catalog, but when you log onto your profile. That was reason to "overwrite the masq file" once logged to the profile on the first tests with 2.1 on the Pres.
    But this is only in unsupported 2.1-on-legacy-devices-countries.
    In Germany I only used the REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK option to doctor my Pre- with the German-PrePlus-2.1-doctor.
    And I have full 2.1-appcat access. Without any masquerading. On the PalmProfile-website I see under webOS version "2.1".
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    But this is only in unsupported 2.1-on-legacy-devices-countries.
    In Germany I only used the REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK option to doctor my Pre- with the German-PrePlus-2.1-doctor.
    And I have full 2.1-appcat access. Without any masquerading. On the PalmProfile-website I see under webOS version "2.1".
    Palm released 2.1 to german devices. You are on a supported device/version combination. Absolutely NO carrier has a pixi/2.1 combination.

Palm released 2.1 to german devices. You are on a supported device/version combination. Absolutely NO carrier has a pixi/2.1 combination.
    Not to "German devices". Only to the German Pre Plus.
    I'm not on a supported device/version combination. I have a Pre Minus...
    And btw, Impostah (testing feeds) has support to fake profile activations (I think works only if your device has never been activated).
    You could set up for Germany/Pre Plus. You wouldn't get access to Pixi specific apps (like Angry Birds Pixi version), but you would get access to 2.1-specific apps like Music Player remix [maybe...].

[edit: maybe that with the Pre Plus would not work, but idk]
    Not to "German devices". Only to the German Pre Plus.
    I'm not on a supported device/version combination. I have a Pre Minus...
    German Pre Plus and some Pres can update their profiles to 2.1. Those are the only legacy supported devices.

I know everything (yes, even more than most people) about the fake profile activations. It would involve other magic that is possible but won't be discussed here.

To Palm, this device is a Pixi. Even if you create a new profile, the device will still report it's a Pixi. Palm knows it's a Pixi because the device ID (IMEI on GSM, ESN on CDMA) is tied to the device model (and country of first activation on the profile servers). So, no, it won't have a 2.1 profile version, the device reports itself as a Pixi, sends its Device ID to Palm and Palm determines that it doesn't have permission to see many apps, and it gets a 9.9.9 profile version.

I worked with rwhitby testing this. If you don't believe me, go and ask him, but I don't think he'll be happy by answering questions about this.

By the way, the Pixi is now logged to a profile, and, of course, it says 9.9.9 as predicted.

Is now off-topic, but what about this: Just sending Palm the IMEI of a Pre instead of the Pixi?

With a bit work this should be definitely possible.
    Is now off-topic, but what about this: Just sending Palm the IMEI of a Pre instead of the Pixi?

With a bit work this should be definitely possible.
    It doesn't work either. As I told you, we did many, MANY tests, and covered all possibilities. The Pixi is dead for Palm, there is no way they'll let you download 2.x apps for it.

It doesn't work either. As I told you, we did many, MANY tests, and covered all possibilities. The Pixi is dead for Palm, there is no way they'll let you download 2.x apps for it.
    How can the servers differentiate a Pixi from a Pre when the Pixi would have the exact same network traffic as the Pre?
    [rhetorical question]
    How can the servers differentiate a Pixi from a Pre when the Pixi would have the exact same network traffic as the Pre?
    [rhetorical question]
    The devices identify themselves, trust me. They know the exact model of your device.