Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckBlake View Post
    I'm really excited! Once you've got the Pixi what do you have to do exactly?
    Exactly? I don't know. Roughly, I posted it a few posts ago.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    nuttybunny,
    did phucdaigia09 ever get back to your PM? I'm curious what he's doing with those other 2.x phones and where they came from. And if there are any newer testing devices, or if 2.1 is where hp/palm stopped with the pixi.
    No, I hope he doesn't doctor them back to 1.4.5 before backing them up

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    So whats going on here whats the round up? Are you guys trying to get the 2.1 on this pixi and release to the other ones?
    roundup....nuttybunny's trying to figure it out in that genius head of his...once he gets a pixi that is!
    BTW, I'm learning quite a bit about the bootloader with the Android thread

ooohhh... First we'll get 2.1 working, then android...just for the heck of it, cuz I really have no desire to use android.
    ooohhh... First we'll get 2.1 working, then android...just for the heck of it, cuz I really have no desire to use android.
    Android on the Pixi, that would be sick!
    hehehe

ok, you work on 2.1, I'll see about android. I wonder if there's an armV6 version of that opensource android build.
    in all honesty..droid isnt that great. even on a pre-
    VERY VERY BUGGY. u can't do anything its not like a released android firmware (i.e. gingerbread, honeycomb)
    REMOVED FIRST PART OF COMMENT, AS IT MAY BE CONFUSING, SINCE IT WAS OFF TOPIC!

back on topic...Did they release your payment yet nuttybunny?
    Last edited by pezman726; 04/21/2011 at 10:43 AM.
    well, with only binaries and no pixi kernel...it'll be a bit difficult to get onto a pixi! back on topic...Did they release your payment yet nuttybunny?
    Yes, payment done and released. The problem is that we're in holidays in Mexico and we return on monday

Focus on the thread people, this is the story of a Pixi with 2.1 on it, not about Android on a Pixi

Struggling to understand this... Will this new Pixi not contain a kernel that we can port over too?
    wait..what. This new 2.1 pixi, if we (and by we, I mean nuttybunny) can get it working will contain a new 2.1 kernel. Since the kernel source hasn't been released for it, that means no UK or warthog kernels. Hopefully though, it is like the pre 2.1 kernel in that compcache is already enabled and set to 10mb to help with the TMC errors
    wait..what. This new 2.1 pixi, if we (and by we, I mean nuttybunny) can get it working will contain a new 2.1 kernel. Since the kernel source hasn't been released for it, that means no UK or warthog kernels. Hopefully though, it is like the pre 2.1 kernel in that compcache is already enabled and set to 10mb to help with the TMC errors
    Yep, I mentioned this earlier. We don't have Pixi kernel sources, so, no custom kernels will be able to exist. I've confirmed with UnixPsycho on this matter.

At least I see a compcache configuration setting of 10Mb, and it seems to be enabled, so not all hope is lost

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    At least I see a compcache configuration setting of 10Mb, and it seems to be enabled, so not all hope is lost
    That's awesome to hear! OC'ing speeds things up a bit, but I can deal with missing that. What I wouldn't be able to handle is a TMC error after having 3 apps open!
    To the kernels:
    You could try this:
    Compare the 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 Pre kernel source (diff).
    Then get the 1.4.5 Pixi kernel source and try to make the same changes that were made to the 1.4.5 kernel.

I don't have any experience with kernels, but why shouldn't this be possible?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    To the kernels:
    You could try this:
    Compare the 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 Pre kernel source (diff).
    Then get the 1.4.5 Pixi kernel source and try to make the same changes that were made to the 1.4.5 kernel.

I don't have any experience with kernels, but why shouldn't this be possible?
    Because there are specific kernel modules that were created for 2.0 on Pre, video drivers, which don't exist in the 1.4.5 sources or the 2.1 Pre ones (different hardware)

People, just to tell you, I have a beautiful AT&T Pixi Plus in my hands, charging right now
    It may have been activated with AT&T since it came with an AT&T SIM (go figure).
    Right now I'm working with phucdaigia09 to get another 2.x version from his Pixi.
    This is going to be a FUN weekend

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    People, just to tell you, I have a beautiful AT&T Pixi Plus in my hands, charging right now
    It may have been activated with AT&T since it came with an AT&T SIM (go figure).
    Right now I'm working with phucdaigia09 to get another 2.x version from his Pixi.
    This is going to be a FUN weekend
    Damn I'm not in mexico. I wish you a lot of fun ;-)