Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I think all binaries have to be compiled seperately for the Pixi. And because webOS' main components are not OpenSource, you can't compile them by yourself and you would have to distribute them (illegaly) for other users to get webOS 2.1 on their Pixies.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I think all binaries have to be compiled seperately for the Pixi. And because webOS' main components are not OpenSource, you can't compile them by yourself and you would have to distribute them (illegaly) for other users to get webOS 2.1 on their Pixies.
    I know the implications, I know what I need to do and would happen if I share binary propietary stuff. I was here when novawhatshername (I know the name) was leaked, when the Pre 2 was released, when the 2.0 kernel sources were released, when the 2.1 wr doctor came, when the 2.1 sources appeared, I'm not new, and I'm not even involving webosInternals so they don't get into trouble.

So, you're saying I stop this then?? I don't have a Pixi, I'm happy with a Pre Plus meta doctored to 2.1 (I also was when we were testing the famous scripts, in fact mine was done manually to report 1.4.5), and I really don't have a reason to do this. So, if this is how things will be, you should all ask mr.xtop for his files and do whatever you like with them.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I know the implications,
    NB, How much more do you need right now (all inclusive incl shipping) to buy this one.?
    There are AT&T pixi plus's cheap on US ebay.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    NB, How much more do you need right now (all inclusive incl shipping) to buy this one.?
    There are AT&T pixi plus's cheap on US ebay.
    The seller says 2300 pesos, about 180-190dlls. Should we search for a cheap Plus on ebay with fast shipping?
    I have the backups and I have a Pixi, what do I do? You can control my computer? it avoids spending.
    Last edited by nini1601; 04/18/2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nini1601 View Post
    I have the backups and I have a Pixi, what do I do?
    Erase the lvm data on your Pixi (erasing everything on it, even the partitions), rebuild the partitions with the new size, and restore the files on your Pixi. After that, check that it boots and works properly. (that's what I intend to do)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    You can control my computer Nutty?
    You can control my computer Nutty?
    remote control FTW
    You can control my computer with TeamViewer, it's a very good software, but my Windows 7 is in French.
    You can control my computer with TeamViewer, it's a very good software, but my Windows 7 is in French.
    mmm... I'd rather do this with a live device. As I said, in theory I would do that. The problem is that I don't even have a spare Pre to test (if my baby Pre weren't waiting for a cable I'd test on it).

Besides, I wouldn't like to brick your Pixi, because the process to boot it via usb isn't fully documented as the Pre one :S

Quote Originally Posted by vahitali View Post
    magicians dont betray their tricks

i think youre not able to clean up the backup
    Good community members do share their tricks.

What are your intentions after you would get the data?

-- Rod
    I know I might regret this but...
    Well, people, if we're going for the Pixi I'll need a little more help, $69 won't make it!!!

Thank God this in finally happening. I wish i could donate, or I could actually help, but, I am broke (being 12 n all), and I can't send NuttyBunny my Pixi Plus, 'cause this is my only phone at the moment, and my dad would have my *** if I sent it. Anyway, if ANYONE wants a chance of having a snowball's chance in Hell of ever getting 2.X on their Pixi (Plus), donate to NB. Good luck NB

Oh and by the way, lemme know if I can do anything to speed up the process of getting 2.X (I forgot which version of 2.0 mr.xtop's Pixi was running) onto people's Pixis
    Last edited by pspmanridg3; 04/18/2011 at 08:59 PM.
    I dont know how easy it is to get them shipped to mexico but 69 is more than enough to buy a pixi on ebay.

Heck you can get one on amazon brand new for less than 60.

Amazon.com: Palm Pixi Plus Verizon Cell Phone ~ No Contract: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    I dont know how easy it is to get them shipped to mexico but 69 is more than enough to buy a pixi on ebay.

Heck you can get one on amazon brand new for less than 60.

Amazon.com: Palm Pixi Plus Verizon Cell Phone ~ No Contract: Cell Phones & Accessories
    That is a price ;-) Who knows how to ship from US to Mexico?
    Thats the route we should go.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    That is a price ;-) Who knows how to ship from US to Mexico?
    Thats the route we should go.
    That's VZW, GSM's go for more than 200 :S

That's VZW, GSM's go for more than 200 :S
    Damn, sorry it's 4:25 in the morning here.

In Germany I can get one for around 100€ around 140$
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Damn, sorry it's 4:25 in the morning here.

In Germany I can get one for around 100Ä around 140$
    Ok, it has ended, and we won, and it will be about $160, we raised $84, anyone else wants to help?

Ok, it has ended, and we won, and it will be about $160, we raised $84, anyone else wants to help?
    Congrats NuttyBunny ;-) I will try to get more ppl.
    Hey NuttyBunny,
    just sent USD50 via paypal.