Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Vietnam, Mexico, Australia. This is truly a joint global effort. I love it!
    You can also add Israel
    Ok people, I've already began cleaning the files, uninstalling 4 patches and the 10 programs he had installed

First things first, we don't know if this will work for cdma pixies (including Sprint and Verizon). Mr.xtop has a GSM Pixi, so don't get your hopes too high. We may have the way to program the Verizon's PRL, but Sprint's will be hard to do since the program that I think exists is for Pre. Also, there's a big chance that we won't be able to ever download 2.x stuff from the catalog, you will have to rely on "frankenpre" versions, like the Voices program.

I'll keep you posted, as long as I can test with a real Pixi we'll try to make this happen. Be patient

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Even though I don't have a pixi I would like to donat 10$ to NuttyBunny. (also for your toasted battery during Dr.Battery tests)
    If we all donate he can buy a pixi.
    Do you have paypal?
    Can't wait to see the end result!
    i will gladly donate.
    Ok, this one is fairly cheap (altough it's a bit far from here):
    PALM PIXI PLUS TELCEL MOVISTAR GB WIFI BLUETOOTH MP3 IPHONE - $ desde 1.00 en MercadoLibre
    This one would work, $1200+300 (shipping) is about $120 USD. He asks 2000+300 (about 184) for immediate buy.

After all, I'd still need one to test the messaging plugins :S

Donations accepted at cesar.negrete (at) gmail (dot) com

And in the meantime I could work with augustofretes' Pixi, but it's cdma...

We have 11 hours

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    mrxtop please send me the backup of your pixi. i could handle that in ~ 2 hours!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just donate 5. Come on!
    Quote Originally Posted by vahitali View Post
    mrxtop please send me the backup of your pixi. i could handle that in ~ 2 hours!
    I really think it's not a good idea to work with the complete backup, we'll end cloning mr.xtop's Pixi and all his data all over. Just wait till at least we clean the backup to join the fun.

By the way, how do you plan to restore the backup? An inverse process from the meta doctor backup target? or you have something else in mind?

magicians dont betray their tricks

i think youre not able to clean up the backup
    Quote Originally Posted by vahitali View Post
    magicians dont betray their tricks

i think youre not able to clean up the backup
    seriously dude, you've got a whole 2 posts on this forum. not that it really means anything, because you could be a crazy genius. but let nuttybunny do his thing and clean this up first. Let's keep 1 hand in the cookie jar so to speak until we can at least get a stable starting point. Here's a thought though. Take your pixi (i'm assuming you have one) use the instructions a few pages back to create a dump of it, create your own doctor from that, and give nuttybunny what you did. And in those short 2 hours that it took you to do it, we'll have a working 2.x on our pixis.
    As a matter of fact, I've not even claimed antonio2k's donation, I'm waiting to see if we can gather enough to buy the Pixi, and then I'd buy it. If we don't gather enough, I'll gladly refund everyone

Ok i will do that
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttybunny View Post
    first things first, we don't know if this will work for cdma pixies (including sprint and verizon). Mr.xtop has a gsm pixi, so don't get your hopes too high. We may have the way to program the verizon's prl, but sprint's will be hard to do since the program that i think exists is for pre. Also, there's a big chance that we won't be able to ever download 2.x stuff from the catalog, you will have to rely on "frankenpre" versions, like the voices program.
    everything sucks for me and my sprint pixi ughhhhhh
    I also want to thank mr.xtop for his efforts.
    @NuttyBunny how much $ do we have now? Mine is on the way.

EDIT: And if you don't get it all please keep my $ for your battery ;-)
    Ok...I'm a bit confused. I took a look at the pictures from that auction...Unless the colors are completely off on their camera, or my monitor, the dialer on it looks blue. My pixi has always been a green dialer. I thought they changed the color to blue in 2.x. Maybe there's been a theme applied to that one to change the color, because it doesn't look like the dialer from 2.x. just the 1.4.5 with a different color

confused am i.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Ok...I'm a bit confused. I took a look at the pictures from that auction...Unless the colors are completely off on their camera, or my monitor, the dialer on it looks blue. My pixi has always been a green dialer. I thought they changed the color to blue in 2.x. Maybe there's been a theme applied to that one to change the color, because it doesn't look like the dialer from 2.x. just the 1.4.5 with a different color

confused am i.
    well, well... could it be? another reason to get it
    somline: I have about $35 in donations right now minus Paypal's fee... this will cover..... the shipping

hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    well, well... could it be? another reason to get it
    somline: I have about $35 in donations right now minus Paypal's fee... this will cover..... the shipping

hehehe
    Damn we need more. I updated to 20$.
    BTW: How much is the fee?
    You could try to put the files on your Pixi via rsync or create your own doctor.
    But whatever you do, remember it will be illegal.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    You could try to put the files on your Pixi via rsync or create your own doctor.
    But whatever you do, remember it will be illegal.
    The idea is to compare files here and there, and see how much of the current public available files can be reused and how much of those files are new. This is for educational purposes, but it's certainly a hope for many Pixi users.

Who knows? maybe in the end it gets so buggy that no one would ever use it

Ah, btw... why rsync? novacom will do... novacom is mighty