04/07/2011, 12:40 PM
THANK YOU, sketch42! Your tip led me to the right place.
For those who are finding this post (through a search engine, or something) and are trying to do the same thing I am, but have no experience messing around on the Pre/Pixi:
1) Get WebOS QuickInstall. Plug your phone into the computer and open it up.
2) Install: JSJSJS $Homebrew$, $FileMgr$, $then$ $Internalz$ $PRO$. In order to do this, you'll have to click the third icon on the right of WebOSQuickInstall and browse through the tabs up-top on the window that comes up to find 'em.
3) Give your phone a proper reboot. Press and hold down the Option key, SYM key, and R key. Then wait.
4) Open InternalzPRO and turn on Master Mode in the Preferences
5) Go to usr/palm and then delete the emoticons directory. Hold down the directory to bring up the option to delete.
If those 5 steps don't help enough and it still seems complicated, tough luck. DO NOT attempt to do it if the steps above still seem difficult! You could turn your phone into a brick if deleting the wrong things while in Master Mode. Or a paperweight, since the Pixis/Pres aren't big enough to be a brick. Good luck!