webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > How to use CDMA workshop on Palm Pixi Plus?
How to use CDMA workshop on Palm Pixi Plus?

Old 04/05/2011, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello guys,
I am new to Palm and Webos.
I got my verizon Pixi plus and want to enter into Diagnostic mode to use it under CDMA workshop and QPST.
I am not able to enter into Diag mode.
When i connect my pixi and in Usb passthrought if i COnnect it as "Diag" in USB Port 1, it asks me for driver.
If what i am doing is wrong, then would you please tell me how can i get my Palm detected by QPST and CDMA workshop.
Also, i need help on Creating or entering in Palm Profile under bypass activation method.
I need to use palm profile to connect it to email, app central, preware etc.
Please help me.
Thank you.
anuragkanase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2011, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

I am trying to enter into cdma worshop to get ESN and MEid details.
We i connect my Palm to PC with USB port 1 in Diag, it asks me for Reduced CDC Abstract control model drivers. I am using windows xp.
Quote:
If something I said sounds sarcastic, here's the smiley:
LOL
Old 04/05/2011, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you going to use this device as wifi only?
Yes, act the moment i have activation bypassed. I am in India and not able to connect with any network. I got the Profile activation patch. I am able to manage profiles.
But i need to get working with some ESN and meid stuff.
Old 04/05/2011, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Aren't the ESN and MEID located underneath the battery?
Old 04/05/2011, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Look here: Palm Pre and GPS (Additional GPS modes: Autonomous, Assisted, and Cached)

There are specific DIAG drivers for Pixi.
Thanks a lot. Working like wonder.
Thought I am not able to connect to the WS. I am still on connection mode lol.
Quote:
Aren't the ESN and MEID located underneath the battery?
My phone is not having esn printed on it. Also, I need to change my spc to 00000.
Old 04/05/2011, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Will check it out. Thanks Bro!
Old 04/13/2011, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragkanase View Post
Hello guys,
I am new to Palm and Webos.
I got my verizon Pixi plus and want to enter into Diagnostic mode to use it under CDMA workshop and QPST.
I am not able to enter into Diag mode.
When i connect my pixi and in Usb passthrought if i COnnect it as "Diag" in USB Port 1, it asks me for driver.
If what i am doing is wrong, then would you please tell me how can i get my Palm detected by QPST and CDMA workshop.
Also, i need help on Creating or entering in Palm Profile under bypass activation method.
I need to use palm profile to connect it to email, app central, preware etc.
Please help me.
Thank you.
were you able to get the driver and install it ?
kuduku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2011, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hello Anurag,
I have a Palm Pixi Plus too and i have no clue how to get it working. Can you help me out in how to get a connection for it?

Karthik M
carthikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2011, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

I would suggest you to register with reliance and not with TATA. Tata Indicom is a very difficult registration process and at the end you tend to screw up the phone.
But for Reliance registration you would need to pay charges of rs.500, i would ssay this is nominal. Otherwise many other people are there asking for 1k or so.
With my personal experience, I never got the registration done with tata and once i decided to register it with reliance until then i had misplaced my security codes.
Overall try opting for reliance else use it as a PMP or register with reliance. I know many users like me, have more connected with Indicom but it's the way it can be done buddy.
Old 12/02/2011, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks Anurag. Do i have to unlock, crack or jailbreak this phone before taking it to reliance store? This is a Palm pixi Plus from Verizon. Can i register the phone online or do i have to walkin to Reliance store?

Karthik M
Old 12/03/2011, 12:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

You need not do all this stuff said above. The major requirement is to get it register to Reliance database for which this guys charge you. And then walkin to the Rworld and get it register.
Old 12/03/2011, 02:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

I got a reliance no-sim CDMA connection today and have the nine digit security code too but unable to configure my phone to reliance. The store guy couldnt activate it in regular way. Can you anyone/Anurag help me out..

Karthik M
Old 12/03/2011, 04:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hello Anurag,
I followed the below which you posted:
CDMA Workshop i used it. To get the carrier setting, here's the way:
You need to write PRL file by CDMA Workshop. WHich carrier you want to use?
Here i am uploading 2 Files for Tata And BSNL.
I am not sure about BSNL.
By writing prl you can shift to different network. But buddy, dont make hurry after writing prl since there are many troubles after that and your phone even might get blocked by the carrier.
Well you can find CDma workshop 2.7 lying around the web.
Start it. Check your port setting, on which your Pixi is setup. If you dont know which port. Goto device manager, and click modem, The Reduced Data Abstract modem is present. right click, properties, modem configuration. Check the port number.
And back to CDMA WS, Click connect on the port selected, and click READ. If you have selected the above mentioned data, you can easily see you phone being read by the CDMA WS in left pane. Now click "Security" in CWS, and in SPC, Put value: 000000 and click SPC--> SEND. Your phone will be unlocked. (I assume your carrier is verizon.) Now Click "Other Tab" PRL section. Write PRL, open the prl file which you want to write on your phone and within 2 seconds it will be written. You are done with writing PRL and your carrier will be changed to respective PRL written Carrier.
After that, there is again a long procedure of playing with MEID's or registering them on the subscriber's network, which is just hard luck.

Karthik M
Thanked By: gurugopal
Old 09/17/2012, 12:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthikm View Post
Hello Anurag,
I followed the below which you posted:
CDMA Workshop i used it. To get the carrier setting, here's the way:
You need to write PRL file by CDMA Workshop. WHich carrier you want to use?
Here i am uploading 2 Files for Tata And BSNL.
I am not sure about BSNL.
By writing prl you can shift to different network. But buddy, dont make hurry after writing prl since there are many troubles after that and your phone even might get blocked by the carrier.
Well you can find CDma workshop 2.7 lying around the web.
Start it. Check your port setting, on which your Pixi is setup. If you dont know which port. Goto device manager, and click modem, The Reduced Data Abstract modem is present. right click, properties, modem configuration. Check the port number.
And back to CDMA WS, Click connect on the port selected, and click READ. If you have selected the above mentioned data, you can easily see you phone being read by the CDMA WS in left pane. Now click "Security" in CWS, and in SPC, Put value: 000000 and click SPC--> SEND. Your phone will be unlocked. (I assume your carrier is verizon.) Now Click "Other Tab" PRL section. Write PRL, open the prl file which you want to write on your phone and within 2 seconds it will be written. You are done with writing PRL and your carrier will be changed to respective PRL written Carrier.
After that, there is again a long procedure of playing with MEID's or registering them on the subscriber's network, which is just hard luck.
hi karthi m. I want bsnl prl for my palm pixi plus. can you help me.
Guru Gopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 06:45 AM   #15 (permalink)

bro...

pls.. help me about MEID's and registratio
nabil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2013, 08:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

Can anyone tell me how I would do this to a Sprint Pixi for use on Verizon?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
HondaPixi is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0