Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I currently have a Sprint Pixi. However, the speaker on it does not work. Could I get a bad ESN used Sprint Pixi if I just swap the radio board? Or is the ESN tied to something else.
    Unfortunately, it isn't that simple. Pixi has a different board configuration than Pre. The Pixi's cellular radio is on the mainboard. The Sprint Pixi daughter board contains flash and GPS. (Plus also includes WiFi.)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Unfortunately, it isn't that simple. Pixi has a different board configuration than Pre. The Pixi's cellular radio is on the mainboard. The Sprint Pixi daughter board contains flash and GPS. (Plus also includes WiFi.)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Please reread the post. I'm not asking about a Pre. I'm asking about just a pixi radio board swap.
    Are you asking because you intend to just use the speaker off the donor phone? Or are you seeing if you can build a Pixi Plus as well as get a working speaker from the donor phone? Either will work - just be careful in disassembling as one of the cables has a couple of clips helping to hold it out of the way. If you just want the speaker, you don't need to do any software work. If you also pull the wifi/memory board from the Verizon donor, you need to do some software work to get it to run properly.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    he's not even asking about a pixi plus at all or anything to do with any phone besides a sprint pixi.

that said, speaker swap should be really easy but you'll probably want to go ahead and get a pixi plus and do a memory/wifi swap for performance purposes if your already planning on buying a pixi for parts. The pixi pluses especially used are super cheap right now and the speaker assembly should be similar to the sprint model.

there are several threads about swapping the memory/wifi board, just search around.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Hi everyone. I have recently bought a Pixi Plus (VzW) for very cheap. Getting shipped today. In addition, I have sent back to the Sprint Pixi to Palm (30 days left on warranty). I have made no modifications to it other than a fresh WebOS install and bypassing FirstUse. So when I get a working one back, I will then do the swap and have a Sprint Pixi Plus.