1.    #1  
    hi guys

I got my wife a pixi from sprint sold her htc eve due to financial stress and she likes it just does not like small screen but said not big deal.
    my question is how do I put pixi in de mod tried to put it like I put my pre didn't work, also need to know how to overclock a bit , where can I find patch's for it?
    want to download preware for it ,
    please assist.

thank you,
    joe
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    The Pixi should go into Dev mode the same way you did your Pre. upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. If that doesn't work try webos20090606 (when typing the numbers, don't shift lock. I found it doesn't work. Hit the shift button for each number character). As for the overclocking it is in Preware. You need to have the feed active in your managed feeds. This is their feed index Index of /feeds (ex. ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/1.4.5//
    I believe there is an patch in Preware that you can install a "dev mode" button so that you don't have to enter a code. Not sure if that is only available for the Pre or if it's for both Pre and Pixi. Start up Preware and type in Dev Mode and if that's an option, then it should pop up for install.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I believe there is an patch in Preware that you can install a "dev mode" button so that you don't have to enter a code. Not sure if that is only available for the Pre or if it's for both Pre and Pixi. Start up Preware and type in Dev Mode and if that's an option, then it should pop up for install.
    There is a patch for it "Unhide Dev Mode". It hasn't worked since being updated. So I had to reinstall the older version. He needs to get into Dev Mode to get Preware on the phone first. Then he can install the Dev mode patch.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    hi guys

I got my wife a pixi from sprint sold her htc eve due to financial stress and she likes it just does not like small screen but said not big deal.
    my question is how do I put pixi in de mod tried to put it like I put my pre didn't work, also need to know how to overclock a bit , where can I find patch's for it?
    want to download preware for it ,
    please assist.

thank you,
    joe
    I am assuming you already have Quick Installer on your PC? You will need that to get Preware on the phone. From what you typed I assume you already have done this to your Pre.
  6.    #6  
    I have quick installer on my imac for my pre, is it the same one i can use? Yes I already overclocked my pre and have all the goodies running on the pre, now want to setup my wifes pixi, want to give her each card for different convo and put some goodies on her pixi.

the only thing she doesnt like about the pixi is the screen size coming from evo but everyting else she like.

thank you guys for all your help.
    You are correct.....and I am un-caffinated
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I have quick installer on my imac for my pre, is it the same one i can use?
    Yes
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    You're going to do it the same way you did your Pre. Quick Installer will want to install 2 patch when you connect. And you should be able to install Preware after that.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks will give it a go tonight, and keep you posted, but I tried both of those methods on the pixi and it takes me to the internet.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Thanks will give it a go tonight, and keep you posted, but I tried both of those methods on the pixi and it takes me to the internet.
    You're not hitting enter after typing are you? Cause that will send you to google search. If done correct the Dev app should just appear on your screen as if you did an app search on the phone. I hope it works for you, keep us posted.

And I hope you have better luck then I with the "unhide Dev Mode" patch. The update removed the app icon from the launcher. If it does the same to you, uninstall it. Go through that feed index, under "webos-patches/", then what ever version of webos she has (probably 1.4.5), then find the patch. It one of the launcher patches. But, download an earlier version of it to your PC and install it with Quick Installer. That should unhide the Dev Mode. Good Luck!
  12.    #12  
    What is good speed to set the pixi, also by any chance would you know what patch do I need to have each convo in independent window?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I think the faster the better. The Pixi can be pretty laggy stock. I think the max is around 800. I did it to my exs Pixi, so I'm not that sure. She hasn't mentioned any problems. I believe the convo patch was buggy with 1.4.5. I think its call "hold chat to launch new card".
  14.    #14  
    I cant overclock the pixi wont give anything above 600 and no swamp enabled cant enable gives me errors. any help please
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just installed the govnah from preware and set mine to 806.4 top end and somewhere around 300 on the lower side, working great for about 5 months. Also get the pixi uberkernel.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I cant overclock the pixi wont give anything above 600 and no swamp enabled cant enable gives me errors. any help please
    I remember having the same issue at first. I don't remember what I did to fix it. I believe I had to uninstall and reinstall the kernel and it just started working.
    What kernel do you have installed? Did you first install UberKernel and then restart the phone and then install Govnah and restart the phone? The restart after installing Govnah may or may not be required on the Pixi I'm not sure. This thread was helpful to read but I have no pixi only pre plus.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...overclock.html
    It references another thread (very long) on experimental pixi overclocking...
  18.    #18  
    Thank you guys, what about the memory?