1. sam
    (Disclaimer: I've been a palm user for only about 42 hours, so bear with me.)

After the screen goes black, is there any way to bring up the "Drag Up To Open" screen other than by clicking the top left button?

The unlock/lock button on the top left of the phone is already "sticky" (if that term makes any sense) and I can only imagine it getting worse, seeing that the phone is new.

So is it possible to download a patch so that you could, say, click the space bar to bring up the "Drag Up to Open" screen?

Also, is there a way to download an alternative to the "drag up to open" - like the droid where you have to slide a pattern to unlock the phone? I want some security on the phone but am entirely too lazy to enter in a password everytime i leave my phone idle for over a minute.

Thanks!
    Hi Sam! Welcome to webOS!

Based on your post, it sounds like you're using a Pixi since your power button is on the top-left of the device.

If you're looking for a specific patch, I would check out Preware to see if any of the existing patches will work for you. Preware is relatively simple to install, but it does require a few steps.

Check out this page for more information:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Good luck!

Karla