1.    #1  
    Alright im a little annoyed already.....this preware install is tedious to say the friggin least

I am trying to install webos quick install and I connect my pixi plus and get the "no device connected" message

While I do like the phone...this whole reading thru a bunch of threads and downloading a bunch of **** feels old school as hell......suddenly missing my iphone

please advise
    Last edited by brianharr123; 03/26/2011 at 12:34 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I also cant figure out how to get it into dev mode....this "upupdowndown" routine doesnt work....is this is a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by brianharr123 View Post
    I also cant figure out how to get it into dev mode....this "upupdowndown" routine doesnt work....is this is a joke?
    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
    check out that link for the info on preware.
    You can also enable dev mode by typing webos20090606 on your device
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    There is also a Preware installer you can run on your computer. Look for it here ---> Get.Preware.org

I used the 1.5.0.exe and it worked great!

Hope that helps,
    -- Kevin
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart works then it puts it into a luna restart then do a restart yourself then connect your pixi and it should go.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart works then it puts it into a luna restart then do a restart yourself then connect your pixi and it should go.
    It's far easier to type "webos20090606" without the quotes to expose the dev mode icon. Fewer keystrokes make fewer opportunities for a typo. That updownupdown method is just silly.

This is for the Pre/Pixi line. The Pre2 can be put in dev mode from the dialer by typing ##3386633#
  8.    #8  
    thank you...I got it set up...but it was a tedious

I didnt realize I had to have webos doc....

anyway i put this uberkernal thing on the phone but it doesnt seem to be going any faster than before.....is this the same thing as overclocking?

any other app is should get from preware?
    When you overclock make sure just restart your phone that it will produce befor i was able to get 12 cards open untill TMC error then overclcoked i got 41 cards and its a lot smoother. The preware patches look at what you dont like on the phone like the stock theme or like something with youtube or anything, Then search for a patch then install it. It took me about 2 weeks to find out what i dont like about my pixi plus now i have about 80 patches installed and my phone is running awesome.
    open govnah and make sure it is using an overclocked profile, or it won't be any faster. Start with the 500/1Ghz screenstate.

And don't leave GOvna running because it does a lot of sampling and it will chew up CPU and battery. Check the setting and then close it.
    Seems you've got it now, but if you have any more trouble you might check YouTube for a video of whatever you're trying to do. I've found that to be incredibly helpful in the past.