Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I am recently unemployed and needed some extra cash....sold my iphone 4g and bought a used pixi plus on att

I was not really expecting much to be honest but I have been pleasantly surprised....I really like web os...alot

I could use a bigger screen and certain functionalities are slow...but all in all I really like the phone....I love the clicky nature of the qwerty and love the web searching...love the card system

I feel like, while its maybe not as smooth as apple, it makes for a deeper appreciation....Its a smartphone for the seasoned and intelligent

any apps to get? must haves
    welcome! Start with Preware and overclocking. You will be impressed!
    get a touchstone too!
    Also if you want the scrolling better download preware and install the smooth scrolling helps a lot and overclock to the big 806mhz makes a big difference. And also look at the pre 3 coming out should be awesome 3.6 inch screen 1.4ghz prossessor.
    I seriously considered the pixi.
    I really like a fixed keyboard.
    Just call me Berd.
    ...and am loving it. I had fond memories of WebOS, but had ditched my Pre after the FIFTH time I had to replace it. No such problems with the Pixi, the keyboard rocks and, as a bonus, free mobile hot-spot on the Verizon Pixi.
    I ended up with a Pixi after I broke my first Pre. Asurion sent me one saying they ran out of Pre's at the time (weird). I loved it too except the small screen. The touch/fixed keyboard combination is nice. Makes me wish the Blackberry Bold had a touch screen.
    Pixi was just way too slow for me, even after overclocking. It is such a crippled device. If only the Veer would have brought back that perfect form factor.
    En attendant Godot

Wish you to find a new job !
    just ordered a pixi to replace by pre+ cause what i do most on a phone is talk and text. the pre+ just doesn't cut it as a texting phone
    As mentioned above, be sure to check out Preware. It really takes your webOS experience to the next level.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    As mentioned above, be sure to check out Preware. It really takes your webOS experience to the next level.
    I agree completely. I am not just talking about utilizing Govnah and overclocking. The real value of Preware (in my opinion) is the variety of patches and utilizing them to fine tune and customize your Pixi+.
    I have a pixi and there are a number of must get patches (the browser patch for full screen makes a big difference on the pixi...get the combined patches)
    patch
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    I have a pixi and there are a number of must get patches (the browser patch for full screen makes a big difference on the pixi...get the combined patches)
    I am confused. I just checked out the "Full Screen Browser" in Preware and then looked at my stock browser. Same thing. What's the advantage?
    Only thing I don't like about the pixi is that I have to pay the same data phone rate. My friend pays the same rate for his EVO now and it has flash and and huge screen making it a full web experience with no eyestrain.

I want a pixiXL (with a better name of coarse :P)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    The pixi should be considered comparable to the centro.
    You shouldn't have to have a data plan, and if you want data, it should be priced the same as for feature phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The pixi should be considered comparable to the centro.
    You shouldn't have to have a data plan, and if you want data, it should be priced the same as for feature phones.
    No it shouldn't. It is very easy to use a lot of data on the Pixi because it doesn't have wifi. When I had my Pixi, I would use about 1-3gb of data every month. The Pixi displays websites fully just like the Pre. Now that I have a phone with wifi I only use about 500mb of data a month.
    There is no such thing as an iPhone 4G just a little pet peeve of mine...
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akabadnews View Post
    Makes me wish the Blackberry Bold had a touch screen.
    coming soon to a carrier near you
    http://crackberry.com/live-photos-bl...montana-emerge

ive always liked the look and feel of the 9700 bold, wish they kept that design and just added the touchscreen. chrome all the way around is too much for me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast