1.    #1  
    I love my Sprint Pre so much I had to jump on the $55 Verizon Pixi bandwagon for my girlfriend. I bypassed the registration properly, set up a new Palm Profile for the phone, and I am currently enjoying this as an iPod Touch with a keyboard.

My question relates to paid apps in the App Cat. I can download free apps (i.e. Pandora) but not paid apps (specifically Voogle) because it wont let me save the payment information. I have read that this is a restriction Palm put in place; the activation process confirms the phone is in the US, and the paid apps are only available to US customers.

Is there a work around for this? (The main goal is to purchase Voogle so that texting thru Google Voice is less awkward.) Thanks!
    If you're not in the US, you need a North American credit card to purchase apps. People have been using wirecard.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I was able to buy an app with my Pre2 when it wasn't activated. It would work once you run first-use and log in to a real profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I was able to buy an app with my Pre2 when it wasn't activated. It would work once you run first-use and log in to a real profile.
    So was I. I used a US credit card to do it.

Activation in US/Canada/Mexico: You get the App Catalog of the respective country, and pay for apps with US/Canada/Mexico creditcards or a Simon Malls gift card (thanks to rwhitby for the tip).
    - from: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...equencies.html
    Last edited by malpha; 03/23/2011 at 04:08 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM