1.    #1  
    Three days ago my hotmail email stopped syncing. I get an error message saying that it is "unable to connect to the mail server" I have tried multiple time to connect without success. I had not changed anything prior to when the email stopped working. I finally decided last night to remove the account from my launcher and tried to re-add it, again without success. So now it is not in my launcher anymore.

If I get on my email via the web at hotmail.com on my pixi my email comes up right away without signing in.

Any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    Thanks, but how do I go about doing that? I'm not sure how to even begin
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaT734 View Post
    Thanks, but how do I go about doing that? I'm not sure how to even begin
    Just delete your current account in the Messaging app (Accounts and Preferences), and add that same Hotmail account using Manual Set-up. But this time, select Exchange in the dropdown.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it! I'm not very good at this kind of stuff.

Ok, I used the drop down and selected exchange, I used the m.hotmail.com as the incoming mail server (is that correct?) below that the domain is empty, do I need to type anything in there? Below that it asks for username, is that with or without the @hotmail.com?
  5.    #5  
    It worked! Thank you so much! I'm always afraid I'll mess it up even more if I try it when I have no idea what I'm doing

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaT734 View Post
    It worked! Thank you so much! I'm always afraid I'll mess it up even more if I try it when I have no idea what I'm doing

Thanks again
    Kewl!
    Setting it up this way also means you get notifications the moment you receive new mail.
  7.    #7  
    Wow, that is much better than before, now all my folders are there!!

Thanks!!