1. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    the webos doctor that is. I know my contacts are safe through my palm profile, is that it? Will I lose everything on the internal storage such as music
    you may...I did when upgrading to 2.1.0 via meta-doctor...always backup your data first.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    The upgrade from 1.x seems to have been the exception as far as some people losing files. I agree that you should back up your data if you are able to do so.

A few members have reported problems with using the Palm Profile for their contact and calendar backup. There was a problem last year with the palm profile failed to restore the contacts and calendars for a number of members. Many members have posted that they use google for their backup instead of the profile. I use gmail and google calendar and have never had a problem though several doctor sessions.
  4. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    well I'm on a pixi, so I'm pretty much doing a reinstall of 1.4.5
    make sure you manually run the palm backup app 1st.

then install Preware if you don't already have it..

in Preware use the "saved package list" to backup your patches and homebrew.

install the app called save/restore, use it to back up your app data (includes Preware)

copy usb partition contents to your PC to be extra safe

doctor

reinstall Preware

reinstall save/restore

restore app data

in Preware restore saved package list

reinstall patches etc.

that will all take about an hour or two.
  6. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    make sure you manually run the palm backup app 1st.

then install Preware if you don't already have it..

in Preware use the "saved package list" to backup your patches and homebrew.

install the app called save/restore, use it to back up your app data (includes Preware)

copy usb partition contents to your PC to be extra safe

doctor

reinstall Preware

reinstall save/restore

restore app data

in Preware restore saved package list

reinstall patches etc.

that will all take about an hour or two.
    thanks, should be handy
  7. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    where is the saved package list?
    in the preware app menu, upper left corner in the preware app...
  9. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    thanks. Is that list backed up through save/restore? Btw, is there a way to backup my texts?
    Possibly stupid question time. Is it possible to run webos doctor and webos install to 1.5 on a phone from blocked country list. I have tried and tried without success. Incidently same experience with home brew apps
    NorManley
    Quote Originally Posted by normanley View Post
    Possibly stupid question time. Is it possible to run webos doctor and webos install to 1.5 on a phone from blocked country list. I have tried and tried without success. Incidently same experience with home brew apps
    No exactly clear about the question, but you can run a webOS Doctor appropriate to the source carrrier of the phone.
    The most current version is 1.4.5, and you can run the doctor for the carrier that the phone came from. Where did the phone come from?
    The most current version is 1.4.5, and you can run the doctor for the carrier that the phone came from. Where did the phone come from?
    I cannot get version 1.4.5 as phone is in Jamaica, which i understand is a blocked Country, which means the App Catolog is blocked. my current version is 1.4.3 which will not update.

I made mistake and activated in Jamaica. Apparently that means it is bricked.
    I am trying to find a work around as the PDF file does not work as well as the app catalog
    NorManley
    I cannot get version 1.4.5 as phone is in Jamaica, which i understand is a blocked Country, which means the App Catolog is blocked. my current version is 1.4.3 which will not update.

I made mistake and activated in Jamaica. Apparently that means it is bricked.
    I am trying to find a work around as the PDF file does not work as well as the app catalog
    Your phone should be fully functioning (not bricked), apart from purchasing from the App Catalog. That is the situation with my Spanish Movistar Pre-, first activate in Spain, and operating in Australia. If it won't update OTA, use the webOS Doctor for the original carrier of the phone to update the OS manually.
    The phone was AT&T phone purchased in the USA and activated and unlocked in Jamaica. Do you have a link for the webos doctor for palm pixi plus.
    NorManley
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ