Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm a new Pixi owner. I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm not too thrilled with the calendar. First I have both Yahoo & Google calendar. I subscribed to a couple of calendars on Google - US holidays, weather,etc. First, the different subs don't work together like the view you get on a desktop. I have to click to see each one & I don't really see them in the monthly view. Second, I don't like the view w/shaded areas, doesn't give me enough info. Yes, I know the screen is small but I was looking for something like rainlender which is just for a desktop. I can't post a link. They have little icons for events, like school, work, etc. It doesn't work w/webOS. Rainlender has a nice little pop up screen for events today which I didn't really see on Palm's calendar. The other thing I noticed is that if I go on the web & sign in to Yahoo, Yahoo has a good view for their calendar made for phones. Google phone has a calendar but comes up blank. I can view the desktop calendar if I go online but it's too small. Can anyone help me? Is there another calendar that I can use? Am I not using the calendar correctly? thanks
    The monthly view is pretty terrible. There's not much that can help you there.

But I would recommend:

1) Get Ubercalendar from Preware. This will give you some basic event icons, put titles on week view views, let you see more day views, and quite a few other things. It'll also show the colors of all day events in month view.

2) Get the Today Menu patch from Preware. This allows you to click the middle of the top bar (where the clock is) and it pulls down a menu of you events for that day. You can see events here for up to 7 days if you want.

Not sure what you mean about calendars showing up together like on a desktop. The calendar will show all events from all calendars in the All View, provided they are switched on to be seen in the All View. You change views in the upper right corner, but it should default to all. The day view for me basically looks like it does on Google Calendar.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The monthly view is pretty terrible. There's not much that can help you there.

But I would recommend:

1) Get Ubercalendar from Preware. This will give you some basic event icons, put titles on week view views, let you see more day views, and quite a few other things. It'll also show the colors of all day events in month view.

2) Get the Today Menu patch from Preware. This allows you to click the middle of the top bar (where the clock is) and it pulls down a menu of you events for that day. You can see events here for up to 7 days if you want.

Not sure what you mean about calendars showing up together like on a desktop. The calendar will show all events from all calendars in the All View, provided they are switched on to be seen in the All View. You change views in the upper right corner, but it should default to all. The day view for me basically looks like it does on Google Calendar.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums[/url]
    thanks malpha for your reply. I'm going to try to install preware today using the guide on precentral. Ubercalendar looks good. What I mean about the calendars, is that holidays, such as president's day, don't have the same view as google calendar on desktop in the month. But since you said the monthly view is terrible, I'll just have to live with it for now.
    Yeah, they don't list out on the month view, which is pretty crappy. The best you can do there is that if you know which color your Holiday calendar is, then in Ubercalendar if you turn on Show Colors for All Day Events in Month view, you will see which day of the month you have holidays (based on color).

Also, here's a picture of the Today menu patch...maybe this will substitute for your pop-screen. You can click on any of these events and it will bring you to the details for the event (clicking the date will open up that day in your calendar).

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I can't find the patch for Today menu. Can you send a link? Also I found google calendar's website. www.google.com/calendar/m but this won't work for me offline. Here's what I REALLY want for my pixi. http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php I use it on my desktop. It's a widget but not available on webos. Is there any other type of calendar like this??
    Last edited by JennRN; 03/23/2011 at 07:20 PM.
    it in the advanced patch group.
    Go to the Preware main screen and type Today. You'll find it.

No, there is no other calendar available for webOS. Ubercalendar is as close to anything different you can get.

Webos does not do widgets. The Today Menu is as close to a widget that'll get out of the way when you want it as there is.

From what I can tell of Rainlender, it doesn't look that different than what's on webOS except it has a bunch of icons everywhere and an agenda view, both of which you get from Ubercalendar and the Today menu patch. You can also install the Agenda app, which you can launch from the calendar once you install Ubercalendar. For colors in month view, there's an option to turn on colors for all day events. But yes...that's it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by malpha; 03/23/2011 at 10:35 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Unless I read the Rain Calendar wrong it looks like it syncs to Google Calendar. So if that's the case you could sync Rain to Google and then Google would show up on your Pixi. That would effectively give you your Rain calendar to your Pixi. It would only take a minute to test it out.

Hope that helped-
    Tom