Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Okay just so everyone knows I have been looking around the forums and reading the getting started guides and I am still having some problems that I was hoping someone could help with.

I am trying to change the theme on my Pixi Plus, which i bought to see how I liked webos before the Pre 3 is released. For the past year I have been on a Droid Incredible but really miss the keyboard and so now im at this stage. I have owned 3 different Palm Treo's and really miss that keyboard so I am strongly considering the Pre3 when it is released.

Here are some of my questions and problems that I am facing with this new operating system.

How do install new themes? I keep trying to find the link to WebOS Quick Install but it never lets me download it, nothing to actually click on. I also go to the theme gallery and every theme I look at it tells me to either register or login to download, even though I am already logged in.

Are there any other SMS programs besides the one that is on the phone? I really cant stand the set up of within a conversation.

Finally what are some must have apps that I might want to look at that would really make me enjoy WebOS?
    best bet for themes is to download and install the Preware selfinstaller. You can install themes from there.

or install preware from WOSQI.

must be in dev mode first. Type "webos20090606" and tap the app that appears.

in preware you will have to turn the theme feed on

be sure you uninstall one theme before installing another.
    in preware you will find patches to change the look of the message app.
    here is a link to the preware installer http://get.preware.org/

there is also a good app in the app catalog you can buy that has complete preware documentation. Just search the app catalog for the wor preware
    Also another code to go in dev mode upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    must be in dev mode first. Type "webos20090606" and tap the app that appears.
    This is a lot shorter than the konami code. The more you know...
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

great apps include:

Pandora
    drPodder
    pReader
    Express News
    Slacker Radio
    AccuRadio
    Neato
    TuneIn
    Angry Birds
    Evernote
    Fandango
    New York Times
    i really wouldnt recommend messing with themes if you are new to the OS..
    can pixi change the app's icon ?
    Can I change the OS version, if phone is in blocked region, and App Catalog unavailable.
    Also can App's be added to phone without App Catalog.
    NorManley
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    This is a lot shorter than the konami code. The more you know...
    That shorter code is for wimps anyway. :P

Type "webos20090606" and tap the app that appears.
    Open development mode

WQI

Installation theme

Restart

Over !
    Quote Originally Posted by normanley View Post
    Can I change the OS version, if phone is in blocked region, and App Catalog unavailable.
    Also can App's be added to phone without App Catalog.
    Yes, you can add apps via "Preware" instead of App catalog, which is a community maintained app catalog. Please look to the second, third, and fourth post on this thread for more data on the subject.

Also, themes CAN change the icons of several apps in the launcher, but only if the theme has them installed in its package. The best way to check this is to look at the screen shots of the theme from the preware/app catalog.

Can anyone recommend a text editing program, other than TextFree? Looking for something more than a glorified memos app. Dont need spell/grammar check, but the ability to indent and save to file formats such as .doc or .ogg would be nice.
    Stantri Nineco
    Austin Based Freelance Writer
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i really wouldnt recommend messing with themes if you are new to the OS..
    I would recommend messing with themes if are new to the OS.....I waited 4 months before Preware and themes etc etc, I wish I'd figured it out sooner. Just make sure you read up on as much info as possible, and the NUMBER ONE rule with themes, is, Make Sure You Delete the Old Theme Before Applying a New Theme. (It's really not that hard, and there are ways to fix things and a great support community for help)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel