1.    #1  
    Ok so i downloaded that patch ive went to google talk and put username@facebook.chat.com and my password and it says invalid where do i go from here?
    good luck. If you can figure it out, let me know. Never worked for me.
    funny. Mines working now...
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Ok so i downloaded that patch ive went to google talk and put username@facebook.chat.com and my password and it says invalid where do i go from here?
    Make sure you are using the correct username from Facebook. I had to go into my Facebook profile and actually set my username. It isn't necessarily the one you see when you are logged in.

After you do this, you can input the Username@facebook.chat.com, and it should work ok.

nnb
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    Make sure you are using the correct username from Facebook. I had to go into my Facebook profile and actually set my username. It isn't necessarily the one you see when you are logged in.

After you do this, you can input the Username@facebook.chat.com, and it should work ok.

nnb
    Would your username be your email address or your facebook name?
    Your facebook name that you manually create in the settings.
  7.    #7  
    still not working
  8. H
    The address is chat.facebook.com not facebook.chat.com
  9.    #9  
    Ya realized that still isent working am i doing this under google talk?
    This just stopped working for me about a week ago. I did a full factory reset on the phone, with the same results. I'm getting a "server not found" error. . . .
    To those that are trying, FYI I don't believe this works on the webos 2.x anymore. Correct me if Im wrong by all means.
    it worked for me for about 2 weeks then stopped. Now I cannot get it to work again.
    Ditto for me, stopped working in the latter part of last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Ditto for me, stopped working in the latter part of last week.
    Same here. I sure hope it can be fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Would your username be your email address or your facebook name?
    No. Not necessarily.

Go to your profile accounts page and search for your username. It is probably a long bunch of numbers and letters, but you have the option to change it to something more palatable.

nnb
    If you have already set your username, go here:
    Facebook Chat | Facebook

Click on the Pidgin link maybe, you'll get the login you have to use (username@chat.facebook.com)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    To those that are trying, FYI I don't believe this works on the webos 2.x anymore. Correct me if Im wrong by all means.
    I'm using 1.4.5. My logs indicate it worked as of 3/30.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    If you have already set your username, go here:
    Facebook Chat | Facebook

Click on the Pidgin link maybe, you'll get the login you have to use (username@chat.facebook.com)
    You clearly didn't read my post in it's entirety. I had it working a week ago, which implies that I am familiar with properly logging in. Also, "server not found" implies that the problem is occurring before the credentials are even requested.
    I guess I'm sortof glad to hear it's stopped working for others, at least it means it's not on my end.

I've tried correcting the problem by updating the ip for talk.google.com to match chat.facebook.com in /etc/hosts (which is all the spoof patch does, anyway), but this results in the same problem.