Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gfdos.sys
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Is there a replacement browser? One that doesn't require me to resize the page and then scroll all around just to read it? The browser on my blackberry can be set to a vertical (fit to width) format with larger fonts. The only scrolling I have to do is up or down.
    nothing yet. You know you can double-tap to autozoom.
    Double tap to zoom works perfectly on my Pre. It works/looks better than android 2.2 on my epic.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    nothing yet. You know you can double-tap to autozoom.
    I've tried the double-tap but it only zooms a little. Not enough to be practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charade View Post
    I've tried the double-tap but it only zooms a little. Not enough to be practical.
    If even after double tap it is not big enough I just turn it sideways. Have you tried that? I have never had any trouble reading after turning it sideways.

I do have to say that I am really looking forward to a bigger screen Pre3. It was the first on my list of things that Palm/HP needed to do to make Pre an even better device
    I constantly have trouble reading pages because there is no auto word wrapping in webOS. Either tons of scrolling left to right or the text is so small, it's barely readable.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I constantly have trouble reading pages because there is no auto word wrapping in webOS. Either tons of scrolling left to right or the text is so small, it's barely readable.
    That's pretty much my problem. On my blackberry, even though the page isn't formatted like it would be on a larger monitor, I'm able to adjust the font size and it wraps the page to fit the screen.
    openmobl is testing a new brower called univers and he is looking for beta testers.
    where do we sign up?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    openmobl is testing a new brower called univers and he is looking for beta testers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    where do we sign up?
    +1
    Isn't there a patch to make the browser view pages like the iphone does? I'd put the link, but i don't have enough posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden3269 View Post
    Isn't there a patch to make the browser view pages like the iphone does? I'd put the link, but i don't have enough posts.
    That's a tweak not a patch.. And I believe its since been removed from WOQI 4.x as it causes issues with some apps and web pages in general

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You can find info on the Universe browser here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...lpha-beta.html

Also, you can find info on the iPhone UA Spoof here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

You don't need WOQI to install it, but you will need to do some tweaks if you're running webOS 2.1, and those tweaks are detailed in this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2903576
    I'm used to using Opera Mini on my Treo Pro, it does kind of a reflow of the page so you're still using the full site, but the page is formated for easy reading.
    That's what the Pre needs.
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist posting this. When I got my Pre+ in May, I had the same problem with miniscule fonts in the web browser.

I was told (and not very politely) I needed glasses.

Seriously.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist posting this. When I got my Pre+ in May, I had the same problem with miniscule fonts in the web browser.

I was told (and not very politely) I needed glasses.

Seriously.
    Good to see you! don't be a stranger!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    there is a way... But not webos native.
    look in the post "X Server on the Pre" post number 195 tells how to install Chromium browser... But its on design + xterm.... So in linux on the phone... But not webos native
    fcat5761 likes this.