Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    My new Pixi Plus on Verizon failed to be activated when I first turned on because I hadn't activated it online yet. I proceeded to activate it properly online, and restarted the phone. Now it just shows a blue screen and says searching in the corner. Ideas?

PS- calling customer service never connected.
    Can you get to the phone screen and dial *228, option 1? If you do it online, you still need to activate the handset with the above procedure.
    if you are migrating from a phone without a data plan, or with a different data plan, you need to call verizon from a different phone to activate.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    My previous plan was for a Pre Plus and I don't think anything has changed.
    I find that the first time I activate, I have to call them to get it done. Once that ESN has been activated, I can switch between phones on line. Call them... they would love to hear from you.

Did you get the phone from VZW, or from a Palm dev program? One call to vzw and you will be set.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    What number should I call? I got my Pixi from an Amazon retailer btw.
    I just got a friend that had data and activated it like that everything works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I used the bypass tool, but now I want to activate it as my main phone. I installed the first use patch but when it calls #228 it says connecting but never connects. My pre plus has 5 bars and is sitting right next to it. Is my pixi broken?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    first time you activate it you need to call vow support (611 on your other phone) and have them enter the EST into your account. Then you will be able to call 228 and activate.

this is true for phones that require data plans.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Unfortunately that didn't work. My Verizon.com shows the pixi as being my phone and I followed the instructions (for reference my Pre Plus no longer has service except emergency calls. The First Use app says that programming failed.
    call verizon. call verizon. 611.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I finally solved my issues. After skipping first use I went to the phone app and switched the network from Verizon only to Automatic-A.