Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've had a Pixi Plus on AT&T now for about 6 months, and I'm ready to take it to the next level. I get that to do that on a Palm phone I need to get some homebrew stuff going. But I'm having some problems.

First some specs.
    PC - 2.9Ghz Dual core, 4GB RAM, Win7 x64 Ultimate
    Phone - Palm Pixi Plus on AT&T, webOS v1.4.5
    Software - WebOS Quick Install v4.04, Java SE 6 Update 24 x86

My Pixi is connected to the PC, and it is in dev mode. I selected "just charge" from the menu. I open WebOS Quick Install (WOSQI). The dropdown at the top right of the window shows one phone, "Palm Pixi". This newest version has a world icon below the plus and minus buttons that opens the feeds (I presume) from the Precentral homebrew section. If I click Tools > Device Management it gives me the full run down specs of my phone. When I first started, it was only giving partial specs, but I updated Java and reinstalled the Novacom driver and it started working correctly.

I used this Device Management window to uninstall an app, and it worked perfectly. The icon for the app disappeared while I was looking at it. Great.

When I click to install an app from the applications tab of the install window, it pops up with a little progress window that indicates downloading - transferring - installing. But the apps never show up on my phone. I've tried installing Preware, FileCoaster, and a couple others and I've tried some patches but nothing works.

I updated my version of Java, restarted the Novacom service, rebooted my computer, tried to install multiple apps, verified dev mode, disconnected and reconnected USB several times, made sure I selected Just Charge everytime...

I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Please help! Thanks in advance.
    after you downloaded the items did you hit the big install items button?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knottsboy View Post
    after you downloaded the items did you hit the big install items button?
    heh heh... you're funny. The simple answer is yes.

With the new WOSQI, you can install the apps two ways that I know of: 1) from the ... I don't know what you would call it, but it's the window that opens when you click the world icon under the plus and minus button that lets you install homebrew apps and patches automatically, and 2) by downloading the ipk manually and adding it to the list on the main window.

I did it both ways. But in both cases after I clicked the install buttons it seemed to go through some motions like it was going to work, then nothing showed up on my phone.
    well did u make sure you had the setting for a usb device instead of a emulator??
    did you try the preware standalone installer so you can skip QuickInstall? Try that and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knottsboy View Post
    well did u make sure you had the setting for a usb device instead of a emulator??
    The WOSQI v4 I'm running automatically populated the Device dropdown with my device name "Palm Pixi". Prior to posting this thread, I found a couple of forum references to an emulator so I looked around to make sure I wasn't doing that. I was unable to find anything about switching to or from an emulator within any of the WOSQI 4 settings.

I'll mention again that I was able to successfully UNinstall an app using WOSQI4. So I'm certain I was connected.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you try the preware standalone installer so you can skip QuickInstall? Try that and see what happens.
    Gladly, but I'm not sure what I need to do to accomplish that?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    UPDATE
    Hmmm... that's weird that it won't let me post links... okay then... let's see if I can trick it...

I found this thread: forums.precentral.net[slash]webos-internals[slash]219156-preware-standalone-installer.html

I assume this is what you're wanting me to do?

I notice in the this thread it talks about having 64bit Java and 64bit Novacom drivers for a 64bit OS. Is this requirement the same for WOSQI? I mentioned in my specs above that I have a 64bit OS and Java x86. Please let me know if this makes a difference.
    That's what I'm referring to.

it should install the drivers for you. If not, try installing them with WOSQI.
    honestly, I couldn't get the newest version of WEBOSQI to work right. I downloaded version 3.14 and everything has been smooth ever since. Worth a shot....
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    honestly, I couldn't get the newest version of WEBOSQI to work right. I downloaded version 3.14 and everything has been smooth ever since. Worth a shot....
    Hmmm... that's a good idea. I will try that out too. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I'm on Windows 7 x64 and have only ever used 3.14, never a problem - hopefully it will work for you (and I now know to stick with what I've got!). good luck
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I'm on Windows 7 x64 and have only ever used 3.14, never a problem - hopefully it will work for you (and I now know to stick with what I've got!). good luck
    Cool. I didn't get an opportunity to try out you guys suggestions last night, but I'm hoping that tonight I'll get it up and running...