1.    #1  
    Hey I'm getting the Pixi for my little sister since it's on steal prices. For those with them on Page Plus -

Could you set up a new account for it and activate it from the beginning? Could you do it online using the ESN/MEID number?

Or did you sort of have to hack it together? Like activate it on another phone then change the MEID to the Pixi one?

Also, can you use the Standard Plans. We were thinking about getting the 100min for $10 plan and the month $11 text plan (thinking she could text us more and use the 100 minutes more for emergencies). Or do you have to use the monthly plans like you have to on Verizon Prepaid?

EDIT: Also, the Pixi Plus is on sale for $40 at dailysteals.com.
    Last edited by malpha; 03/03/2011 at 10:04 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Hey Malpha, you don't need to hack anything, just call them directly and they will walk you through the process. It is very easy. I had mine activated in 15 min. You need to give them the MEID from the box.
    I have a $29.99 plan which includes 1200 min /2000 txt / 100mb data.

BTW, thank you for the video walk through for the 2.1 upgrade process, it was really helpful!
    Howard Forums is a great source for this as they have unofficial ties to PagePlus.
    I've been reading about it and you don't have to use monthly plans for calls and text, but if you don't get the monthly plan, I'm not sure if you can access data unless you are on wifi.

Many people on Howard Forums also advise using a dealer to initially activate (cost between $0.99-$4.99 apparently but dealer gives you a $2 credit back). The dealers will continue to help you avoid PagePlus customer service as you switch from plan to plan or for anything else. The HowardForums people think PagePlus customer service is atrocious.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks you two, I will also look into Howard Forums. Especially since my mom wants to port a number, not sure if PagePlus will make that easy. Yeah, I managed to convinced my parents who are on terrible StraightTalk phones to get one, too (all I did was wave the Youtube and Facebook apps on my Pre in their faces, lol), so I'll have to activate it for them.

Also no prob on the videos.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I use a non-smartphone on Pageplus and highly recommend Kitty Wireless as a dealer for Pageplus: Kitty Wireless PagePlus Page Plus Cellular Online Premier Dealer

I have no affiliation with them other than as a customer who likes their services.
    Hey uncle, it says Kittys on vacation till 3/8! But it's all good, I don't think dailysteals will have your phone to you till a few days after that anyway =)

But I also recommend Kitty Wireless.
    Third recommendation for Kitty Wireless. I have used them a couple time for painless activations.
    at $40, it is ridiculously good phone.

Now, I would suggest $80 card instead of $10 for 100 minutes.
    First, you get 1 year expiration instead of 4 month expiration and you get 2000 minutes which = 4cents per minute at around $8 per month (considering 50c/month account maintenance fees)

Now, regarding activating it on PagePlus, it is smooth. Nothing much to do.

I personally did not even needed to do *22860 (or whatever that # it is that are suppose to use).

Once my phone got activated (via MEID #), I just turned on the phone and then followed the on screen direction and the phone detects as verizon network and continues from there.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the Kitty Wireless recommendations, they even have a page specifically for the all the Palm Pixi Plus questions. When Dailysteals finally gets them over here, I will have them on the line ASAP!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Can someone kindly explain to me something? I just ordered the phone & it hasn't arrived yet. I was planning to use Page Plus for Talk N Text 1200 plan. Now what exactly would be the difference between using wifi for internet or 3G? This would be my primary phone & I was just thinking of a way to conserve mins. I can only make calls on 3G so if I switched to wifi, I couldn't get calls, right? I have wifi at home too. Thanks for listening.
    Quote Originally Posted by JennRN View Post
    Can someone kindly explain to me something? I just ordered the phone & it hasn't arrived yet. I was planning to use Page Plus for Talk N Text 1200 plan. Now what exactly would be the difference between using wifi for internet or 3G? This would be my primary phone & I was just thinking of a way to conserve mins. I can only make calls on 3G so if I switched to wifi, I couldn't get calls, right? I have wifi at home too. Thanks for listening.
    Hi Jenn,
    Carriers charge for talking on 3G and they charge separately for sending data over 3G such as emails or browsing the internet.
    If you can use a wifi network to send data instead of their 3G "pipe", they won't charge you for the data. If you want to do this, you must turn the data off on the phone to make sure it won't send data using the carrier "pipe". It will still send data if you are on a wifi network. (I think turning off data is an option in the phone menu preferences but google it).
    If you don't turn off the data, PagePlus will bill you X dollars per amount of data transmitted which could add up. In one of their monthly plans, they include some data usage for free but if you run over that limit, they would charge for the overage.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    thank you for your quick reply. Just to recap, I could still call & receive phone calls on wifi but I would somehow have to turn off data, if I can do it. I would also be able to get internet without using the 100Mb data. Sorry to sound so dense (yes I have a bachelors degree) but this is all new to me, first smartphone.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    No you cannot send/receive calls on wifi, that is called voice over IP (VoIP, you can look it up). Think of your phone company as selling two pipes because it is a little bit simpler: 1 pipe for voice communications (calling someone, listening to voicemail, someone calls your phone number), and pipe 2 is for data (internet). When you turn off "data usage" in the preferences menu of the phone app on your phone, it is telling the phone not to surf the web using your cellular plan, essentially closing off pipe 2.

BTW: It's okay, nurses don't have to be geeks ;P
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I should add: If you turn off data usage, you won't be able to send email, receive email, or browse the web, but you also have a wifi chip on the phone. If you are around a hotspot (starbucks or Panera for example) or you are at home (and your home has a wifi router) then you can enable wifi on your phone (drag down from top right corner of screen on your phone), then you will browse the web through the starbucks', panera's, or your house's pipe (let's call that pipe 3). =)
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    So I've got a few problems, I activated it and programmed it through pageplus and I got to the Create a new Palm Profile screen, I want to create a new one. So I fill it all out then says "Sign In Failed, you need to be connected to your wireless service providers network"

anyone else have this problem? And what do you think I should do next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
    So I've got a few problems, I activated it and programmed it through pageplus and I got to the Create a new Palm Profile screen, I want to create a new one. So I fill it all out then says "Sign In Failed, you need to be connected to your wireless service providers network"

anyone else have this problem? And what do you think I should do next?
    Have you purchase an airtime plan and put it on the phone yet? If not, then activating a plan may do the trick as it did for me.
    I got a plan, the one with the 100mb of data. Did you get similar? I have called PP customer service, but they of course aren't much help so the rumors are true. I guess I need to call them again and get more into it.
    It sounds to me like you may need to make a test call. When I activate my wife's Pixi I had exactly the same thing happen - and then I remembered that I hadn't done the test call yet. You just need to call any phone number and it does some kind of activation process for your phone on the network. Then you should be able to create the Palm profile just fine. At least that is what worked for me.
    Well shoot, I just tried that and it says I don't have enough money on my account. Arg frustrating haha I hate it when I do stuff in the wrong order.
    I dont mean to hijack this thread but....

Im currently in Japan and my wife will be studying in America for 3 months.
    I would like to activate a pixi plus on this network (we were given a brand new one - long story, friend bought it on ebay and found out he couldnt use it in Japan).

Anyway, I think that I'd have trouble with the pixi making a test call (cause im in Japan).

Any ideas or advice ?