1.    #1  
    I just bought a Palm Pixi Plus from dailysteals and I'm planning on activating it through pageplus and then just using it with wifi, and I wondering if it will work with ad-hoc networks?
    I tend to rebroadcast a network to give myself a better signal using my desktop, and I wanted to know this.

Is there a patch that'll allow it? I know when I had a Pre it didn't work with ad-hoc networks..
    I recently tried and couldn't get it to work to save my life.
    If by ad hoc you mean will it connect just like my lappy to a hookup anywhere I happen to find one open, the answer would be yes, no problem. I flashed my Verizon Pixi Plus to Cricket, and my 3G is spotty most of the time so I only use the wifi. It'll bring up a list of all the available hookups close by, just pick one that looks strong enough to connect to, it'll stay hooked up as long as you keep it online.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
    If by ad hoc you mean will it connect just like my lappy to a hookup anywhere...
    That's not adhoc. That's infrastructure. Adhoc means directly connecting a device (a laptop) to another device (desktop), bypassing a router.