1.    #1  
    Can the apps that come preloaded with the Pixi Plus be deleted? I'm thinking that you put it in USB mode and delete the apps you don't want. Will the apps you delete, assuming this is even possible, be reloaded when you do a Palm update? This does not seem to be covered in the user guide. They only tell you how to delete apps that you have downloaded.
    I didnt delete mine, but I hid them so they wouldnt show up on the launcher pages. I know they still take up space on the HD, but its nice not having them in the way.

I dont remember if this can be done without a Preware patch, though (its been so long since I had a stock Pixi) . I used a patch called "Advanced Options in Launcher" which allowed me to hide and move applications very easily. I recommend it if you are into Preware... and i recommend getting into Preware.
    I secong that. You can't delete them but you do have the option to hide them in device info -> more info -> software. Just click on the app and choose hide.
  4.    #4  
    I have installed preware, so I will try that. Thanks!
    Technically, it IS possible to delete stock apps by deleting their folder in /usr/palm/applications/, but it is a bit rough when you can just hide them.
    But at least there's a way to do that !
    Quote Originally Posted by simsor View Post
    Technically, it IS possible to delete stock apps by deleting their folder in /usr/palm/applications/, but it is a bit rough when you can just hide them.
    But at least there's a way to do that !
    even that doesn't cleanly remove them, and their ipkg entries would remain in the system. Also keep in mind, other apps and binaries might reference those apps you remove. For example, deleting the Email app, would massively mess us your system. Best thing to do is just hide them from the launcher via patches or manually editing the appinfo.json files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Yeah, but I thought he talked about Sprint Nav etc. so it won't mess up the system too much (but I agree, deleting folders is not a good way to do)