1.    #1  
    Not sure exactly when this started, but at some point in the last 2-3 weeks my alarm clock stopped playing its tune and just started going straight to silent/vibrate mode, even though I have the preferences set to "Play alarm anyway" with the ringer switch off. It goes to vibrate when I have the ringer switched on as well.

Any of you have this problem too?
    same issue....sprint pre minus
    pre minus, a few weeks ago my alarm disappeared, or at least the icon. I cannot seem to find it. I downloaded a few clock, countdown, alarm aps I wonder if one of them bogarted it?
    I can't hear mine either. It looks like all the setting are correct.
    This happend to me several times. A battery out reset sometimes caused it to come back but it would go away again and never figured out why. There is a thread on this somewhere I think with speculation and such. Another problem is the ringer turning itself off without notice. These things even could mess up my favorite Nap app.

Although I still hope to come back to webOS someday, this was one of the several reasons I started looking elsewhere, I used to use my Treos as my travel alarm and simply could not rely on my Pre that way.
    I have a different issue, but alarm related. When I set an alarm, it goes off when it is supposed to, but if I hit "dismiss", the alarm goes off again about 20 seconds later. At first I thought I was accidentally hitting "snooze", but then realized (even in my groggy morning state) that even if I were hitting "snooze," it would be longer than 20 seconds before the alarm sounded again. I've reset the phone, delted all alarms and created new ones.... the issue persists.

Very strange.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    When I set an alarm, it goes off when it is supposed to, but if I hit "dismiss", the alarm goes off again about 20 seconds later. At first I thought I was accidentally hitting "snooze", but then realized (even in my groggy morning state) that even if I were hitting "snooze," it would be longer than 20 seconds before the alarm sounded again. I've reset the phone, delted all alarms and created new ones.... the issue persists.
    This happens to me sometimes, but the alarm rings again about five seconds after I dismiss it. It drives me crazy!
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    I'm very sad. Everything I love about this lil phone, and I too can't get my alarm clock to reliably go off consistently
    My alarm often resets itself to vibrate. I've missed several important reminders. It's quite annoying.
    I think I have found a solution for it. I stumbled on to this one day after I was almost late for work. I found that when I would only have one alarm set, it would not go off, but when I would set two different alarms (two different times of course), the alarm would work everyday. I thought it might be something with the different alarm slots, but from my experimenting, I have found that the alarm only works when you have 2 different slots set up. Hope this helps.
    been having the same issue as the OP. anyone knows whats up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    been having the same issue as the OP. anyone knows whats up?

I don't think anybody really knows the underlying problem, but alarms not going off for some reason or another on the pre is something that has been noted from the very beginning. Try Nap Alarm. It can be used for a lot of alarm uses, not just maps and was much more reliable than the stock alarm.
    Sent from my Evo - so there!
    i'm still having the same problem as always = alarms stop working after a 1-2 week period. The fix as always, turn alarm off and back on in the clock app. webos 2.1 = same :\