Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    OK so I have Sprint and my screen cracked on my Pre. So I bought an Evo, and then like the next day I saw this great deal on PreCentral Home Page with the Palm Pixi Plus for $50 saying "Fully functional off-contract" phone. I thought, I could get this and log into my old account and download my old apps and memos and all that good stuff and I would only need to use it on Wifi. I thought that would be easy enough, but I found out that I have no idea how to do this. When I turn on the phone I selected English, then it went to activate it and it wont activate.

Can someone tell me how to get this working without a data plan? Did I just waste $50? I thought I had read things about some people using it without a data plan. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks
    You can't use it on Verizon without the data plan. Verizon has a set of phones that "require" the data plan. You could activate it on Page Plus if you are looking for a cheaper option with no data.
    Best thing you should have done is to activate this on Page Plus. It would have cost you all of $0.99 from an eBay seller (I recommend KittyWireless). That way it would have setup & activated properly, then you could have just let your minutes run out if you planned to go WiFi-only.

If its already too late & you cant get it to go back, you could always just re-flash the firmware with webOS Doctor then do this:

1) get a Page Plus dealer to do the port or activation (costs 0.99 cents on eBay) -- have to give some details like MEID Hex # (of phone) besides some details regarding my former account/phone# (if doing a port over)
    2) wait for the email from dealer saying your activation or port is successful
    3) turn on pixi plus (for first time)
    4) select english
    5) it asks if you want it to activate the phone on verizon - DO NOT say YES or NEXT.
    6) below you will see an option to call a number in gray - click it and select emergency call
    7) delete 911 and enter *22890 and click call- it will take a while to activate the phone on pageplus (about 1 minute)
    8) after the activation is succesful, select call -> emergency call -> delete 911 and enter a phone # (any 10 digit phone number) -- end of that cal , select 1 for english (you must wait to select this option)
    9) thats it.. make a call out of it and make a call into this number from another phone just to make sure all is ok
    10) reboot the phone
    11) upon reboot, it says 'activation success' or something like that (you may have to select the language one more time)
    12) setup wifi & you're all good
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    I thought, I could get this and log into my old account and download my old apps and memos and all that good stuff and I would only need to use it on Wifi.
    I think you are saying you want to bypass carrier activiation and log into an old Palm profile and get your old apps and such to use when on wifi. If on the other hand you want to use as a cell and don't plan to use much if any data then PagePlus is a good option. If you don't want to mess with bypass activation you can use pageplus to activate the phone and the last time I heard it took around .10 cents or less of the $10 minimum airtime to activate.

EDIT - see above - better explanation.
    i didnt have to do all that lol you can download the activation bypass tool and run it while phone is in recovery mode thats it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Yes i want to bypass the carrior activation and log into my old profile. I only want a wifi connection in the phone. It seems like there are a couple options. Shadaviz, could you give a little more details on how to do what your describing? Thanks everyone for all of your advice, its good to know that I didn't waste my money.
    reading through this thread may help:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rier-plan.html
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Best thing you should have done is to activate this on Page Plus. It would have cost you all of $0.99 from an eBay seller (I recommend KittyWireless). That way it would have setup & activated properly, then you could have just let your minutes run out if you planned to go WiFi-only.

If its already too late & you cant get it to go back, you could always just re-flash the firmware with webOS Doctor then do this:

1) get a Page Plus dealer to do the port or activation (costs 0.99 cents on eBay) -- have to give some details like MEID Hex # (of phone) besides some details regarding my former account/phone# (if doing a port over)
    4) select english
    5) it asks if you want it to activate the phone on verizon - DO NOT say YES or NEXT.
    6) below you will see an option to call a number in gray - click it and select emergency call
    7) delete 911 and enter *22890 and click call- it will take a while to activate the phone on pageplus (about 1 minute)
    8) after the activation is succesful, select call -> emergency call -> delete 911 and enter a phone # (any 10 digit phone number) -- end of that cal , select 1 for english (you must wait to select this option)
    9) thats it.. make a call out of it and make a call into this number from another phone just to make sure all is ok
    10) reboot the phone
    11) upon reboot, it says 'activation success' or something like that (you may have to select the language one more time)
    I followed this step by step and everything is working so far. Right now its logging into my old Palm Profile and downloading my stuff. Thanks everyone for your help.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post

4) select english
    10) reboot the phone
    Thanks for the info but on #5, I did say yes, per PP CS. Anyway it seems to be working but I didn't put money into the account or does PP do that when i bought the card? I'm a bit confused/busy today. Actually I'm concerned that it did activate w/Verizon. I see the VZ logo on top & a few places to tap. I'm on hold now w/CS
    Last edited by JennRN; 03/18/2011 at 04:09 PM.