1.    #1  
    Hi guys! I'm from Asia and an avid Palm user ever since (m100 > zire71 > zire72 > lifedrive > treo 680 > centro > ????) and soon will be buying a Pixi Plus from a reseller in our area. I just wanted to ask several questions about using the unit on Asia specifically SE Asia.

The unit is an AT&T Pixi Plus GSM phone i bought locally for almost usd$300, the seller told me the unit came with an AT&T sim and just opened the unit to input the unlock code... He has no idea whether he "activated" the unit or not...

Ive read from the forums that you need to create a Palm Profile first to be able to use the unit and have access to the Apps catalog...

Assuming that the unit has not yet been activated, can someone please provide a step-by-step method on how to activate it using "Meta doctor" or any program to do the job?

I've been reading the threads about the metadoctor but i cant seem to understand. Maybe provide a link or something. Im using a windows vista laptop.

I'm sorry guys, im not that accustomed to webos yet.

Thanks very much!
  2.    #2  
    hello? anyone? pleasae...
    you posted this late at night in the US where most Pixi users are, and are asking again early in the morning. sheesh, can't you just let us sleep first?
    Quote Originally Posted by legion732 View Post
    Hi guys! I'm from Asia and an avid Palm user ever since (m100 > zire71 > zire72 > lifedrive > treo 680 > centro > ????) and soon will be buying a Pixi Plus from a reseller in our area. I just wanted to ask several questions about using the unit on Asia specifically SE Asia.

The unit is an AT&T Pixi Plus GSM phone i bought locally for almost usd$300, the seller told me the unit came with an AT&T sim and just opened the unit to input the unlock code... He has no idea whether he "activated" the unit or not...

Ive read from the forums that you need to create a Palm Profile first to be able to use the unit and have access to the Apps catalog...

Assuming that the unit has not yet been activated, can someone please provide a step-by-step method on how to activate it using "Meta doctor" or any program to do the job?

I've been reading the threads about the metadoctor but i cant seem to understand. Maybe provide a link or something. Im using a windows vista laptop.

I'm sorry guys, im not that accustomed to webos yet.

Thanks very much!
    If the phone has been activated in the US i.e. the profile is US based you will get access to all of the apps in the US market (most apps are US market only).

Search for activation or meta doctor in these forums. A quick search brought up this thread which is for Pre2 but should also work for Pixi Plus as well.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ilability.html

I am an original Pre user (not Pixi) so I have never had to deal with these. Maybe someone else will be able to help you more.