Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On the sudden and "unexpected" release of webos2.1 for palm pre plus' in Europe, one will most likely expect webos2.1 to reach the states' palm pre plus' too.

Now I'm not expecting 2.1 for the Pixi, so I'm going to ask this:

What do you think HP will do for the Pixi users? Give us a downgraded version of 2.1 or a simple update to at least hold onto our phones for a while longer? Discounts for new devices? Say sorry but you are stuck with 1.4.5? Any other thoughts?

Just curious as to what you think
    I thought I was stuck, but I forgot that buying an evo was also a choice. So, I went to android, no regrets so far.
    HP will continue to spew PRPRPR $bullsh$*$t$. $Meanwhile$, $pixi$ $users$ $will$ $have$ $the$ $following$ $options$: $stay$ $with$ $what$ $you$ $have$ $right$ $now$ $or$ $get$ $a$ $new$ $phone$.

Personally, I am buying that HTC 7 Pro the day it comes out.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    best buy still has the pixi plus on display. It is free with contract.
    I was a previous android user when they first started for about a year and wow what and man what an amazing phone. I just got my pixi plus and i love it to death but just the apps there not really anything maybe i should go back to android and give up the new guys?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    I was a previous android user when they first started for about a year and wow what and man what an amazing phone. I just got my pixi plus and i love it to death but just the apps there not really anything maybe i should go back to android and give up the new guys?
    I switched from an Eris to the Pixi+ and couldn't be happier. While Android does get all the major releases at roughly the same time as the iPhone I can't say I miss too much in the way of what is available. The biggest thing I have noticed is that almost every app in WebOS is a paid app, most in Android seem to offer ad supported free version and paid ad-free versions.

Whether you want to switch back or not depends on what you want in a phone. I was tired of my Eris and was looking at buying a Droid Pro off contract because I missed having a physical keyboard. Couldn't pass up the cheap Pixis that are out there now and wouldn't switch back to a touch only phone, which is most Android phones. More specifically, portrait physical keyboards. I've used BlackBerries but don't much care for the OS....see where this is going? To each their own, but to me the portrait candy bar style is about as good as it gets. Just wish I'd have decided that when I originally got my Eris

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn38 View Post
    I switched from an Eris to the Pixi+ and couldn't be happier. While Android does get all the major releases at roughly the same time as the iPhone I can't say I miss too much in the way of what is available. The biggest thing I have noticed is that almost every app in WebOS is a paid app, most in Android seem to offer ad supported free version and paid ad-free versions.

Whether you want to switch back or not depends on what you want in a phone. I was tired of my Eris and was looking at buying a Droid Pro off contract because I missed having a physical keyboard. Couldn't pass up the cheap Pixis that are out there now and wouldn't switch back to a touch only phone, which is most Android phones. More specifically, portrait physical keyboards. I've used BlackBerries but don't much care for the OS....see where this is going? To each their own, but to me the portrait candy bar style is about as good as it gets. Just wish I'd have decided that when I originally got my Eris

Jason
    I get exactly what your getting at i strongly agree with you. Webos had came a long way and there doing very good but with their new releases im very dissapointed and i think the pixi guys/girls will be left alone in the shade. I had and lg eve (gw620r) it had a keyboard that was wicked and an onscreen keyboard and i was dearly in love with it untill it got stolen. I saw the pixi and fell in love with the look the weigh the smallness the look and like everything. I have been with all these new OS. Ive had webOS since the start had android when they strated and IOS when they started but im not sure if i wanna stay with webOS or switch to another OS.
    Opinions opinions. Decisions decisions. Lies lies.
    Ya i was just thinking and since ive been a pixi user for about 3-4 months now i love the phone but it cant do as much as my android phone can do i think im going back to android by webos :'(
    74, what apps in partic do you miss the most about android? i have a galaxy tab, and i almost hate android. especially compared with webos.
    HP isn't going to offer any updates for the Pixi. I doubt they will even do anything official for the Pre+ in North America.

In the end their "something special" is going to amount to fifty bucks off a full retail price Pre 2 that won't be applicable on top of carrier subsidy discounts.

Its a good phone with an incomplete OS. Owners who like it had better be prepared to be left behind on any advancements WebOS 2 users will enjoy. Christ, even Music Player (Remix) is going to require WebOS 2!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    74, what apps in partic do you miss the most about android? i have a galaxy tab, and i almost hate android. especially compared with webos.
    What I miss most about android the the market that thing was awesome_ android can also do a lot more then webos as of now. I'm not sure where webos will be in the future but I'm sure us pixi users will be left in the dust and the pre users will get first class. As of my phones I love powerful phones and big phone (galaxy s, htc hd2). There is still one thig I'm trying to figure out what ever happened to a phone just calling no internet no nothing all you have are numbers a speakers and a 2 cm screen.
    I expect that nothing will be offered.

I like my pixi because its so convenient and the keyboard is great. While the battery life is better than my pre its significantly less than my droid 2 under light use and massively less under heavy use.

Worse still is the handicapped app catalog where most of the cool pre apps aren't available on the pixi but then not on the droid 2 either (nova, hawx, dungeon hunter, etc...)

Pixi really deserved a better effort than this. Seems halfhearted at best. The hardware is nice enough. That's why I don't expect any consolation prize. Its been a stepchild this far, no reason to expect any differnt now.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    If you don't like the selection in the Palm app Catalog,
    search these forums for Preware and get that on your pixi.

I got Preware as soon as it came out on my pre, and now on my pixi.
    I've never even used the app catalog (except when preware launches the download page for some of the apps it shows)
    There is still one thig I'm trying to figure out what ever happened to a phone just calling no internet no nothing all you have are numbers a speakers and a 2 cm screen.
    They're still around. Plenty of people still have no need for a computer on a phone, myself included even thought I recently bought a Pixi+ just to play around with really.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixi kid View Post
    They're still around. Plenty of people still have no need for a computer on a phone, myself included even thought I recently bought a Pixi+ just to play around with really.
    I never see people with like old phone always smartphones now a days.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    My dad is a die hard flip phone guy.
    He is using a sanyo katana dx.... he basicly wants the communicator from the
    old star trek series.

There have been few cool smart "flip" phones.
    ive seen the blackberry one... but blackberrys are for email addicts... and its two "stubby". the lg lotus elite 2... more of a feature phone, but had a decent size touch screen on the outside and was a flip but still to wide.

how about a flip phone the demensions of the pre 3 with a pre 3 size touch screen on the out side, a pixi/veer size screen on the inside... and the new pre 3 treo like keyboard inside the flip.... thats what I want!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I see people all the time with old, and new, flip phones (dumb or otherwise). To each their own, not everyone needs to be connected all the time. To a lot of people the phones are still just that, I know several people who will have nothing to do with texting still!

Jason
    What I miss most about android the the market that thing was awesome_ android can also do a lot more then webos as of now. I'm not sure where webos will be in the future but I'm sure us pixi users will be left in the dust and the pre users will get first class. As of my phones I love powerful phones and big phone (galaxy s, htc hd2). There is still one thig I'm trying to figure out what ever happened to a phone just calling no internet no nothing all you have are numbers a speakers and a 2 cm screen.
    Anything in the app market in particular, like which apps do you really really miss? and what exactly about android do you think does more then webos?
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Anything in the app market in particular, like which apps do you really really miss? and what exactly about android do you think does more then webos?
    I miss android cause you can cuztomize it more and the market has ALOT more apps then the app catalog.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast