Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I had my (Sprint) Pixi for a while now and love it, but the direction HP is going
    and with no webos update in sight

I'll be handing my Pixi to my 13 year old son and activating the NEW
    (Sprint) Pre I'll be getting on the 24th

also becoming a Premier Silver member on April 1st also made the choose easier
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    So you are switching from a Pixi to a Pre, sticking with the family at least Hopefully the Pre 3 is available by the time I can upgrade in September.

Jason
    I think I might switch to a pre also. Well maybe.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn38 View Post
    So you are switching from a Pixi to a Pre, sticking with the family at least Hopefully the Pre 3 is available by the time I can upgrade in September.

Jason

Yea staying with HP/webos... I can't do android (the wife has the Evo I hate it)

I'll see what HP/Sprint has in a year or so when me and the wife can upgrade
    together hopefully the Pre 3 or something new close to release

but I'm excited about going to the Pre
    Im going back to android been dissapointed with webOS
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I've had a Pre+ since last May, just got my Pixi+ a couple weeks ago and love it. Every time I've switched back to the Pre it's only been a day or two before I reactive the Pixi. the wonderful keyboard makes all the difference! Good luck with your Pre!
    Pre also is no longer getting updates, only the Pre2 and phones going forward (like the Pre3 and Veer which are supposed to come out in summer and spring.)

Some of the homebrew folks are trying to jerryrig one more update for the Pre and the Plus but this would require a manual install over a laptop and would not be supported by the US carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I've had a Pre+ since last May, just got my Pixi+ a couple weeks ago and love it. Every time I've switched back to the Pre it's only been a day or two before I reactive the Pixi. the wonderful keyboard makes all the difference! Good luck with your Pre!
    Same here. Got my Pre Plus in May, too, and picked up Pixi Plus as a replacement in waiting for my Pre when it began having hardware problems (stuck in headset mode, cracks around the USB port) but wound up activating it after just a couple of days and I love it. I'm debating trying to get webOS 2.1 installed on my Pre Plus but honestly I really love the form factor of the Pixi. Just Type, Voice Dialing and Exhibition mode sound great but still...
    I think that we should lose hope, this form factory shape is a good one,
    and i'm sure some1 at HP reads this Pixi Forums and that the Pixi would get
    webos2.x.