Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's been almost 2 weeks since the long awaited HPalm revival conference, and for one I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have a true Pixi 2 or something along those lines.

I mean the HP Veer seems like the alternative to it, but I really see no interest in it. The whole slider form factor is something that I truly hate and to be honest I wouldn't have been with webos if they didn't supply a candybar form factor, ala pixi. The whole touchscreen and physical keyboard on a slab just seems right. It works great.

It may seem crazy but I really don't want to resort getting a Pre 3 because the Veer lacks a headphone jack and to be honest is a step down from a pixi even with webos 2 and an increase in power (I know, crazy). If HP does not bring out a candybar form factor by the time an upgrade comes, I might switch OS boats (the rumored Blackberry Bold with a touchscreen is enticing).

I know it's anal of me to think that form factor is everything, but it was really a selling factor for me. Just the ease of typing right away unlike with the pre where you have to slide open the phone just to type (without going the way of preware vk) and no moving parts really allows me to worry on things other than phone durability, which my pixi proves to have.

Anyways, what do you think about the lack of a Pixi? Are you going to stick with webos and get a Pre3 or Veer or are you going to jump ship when the time comes if they don't have a Pixi successor? Other thoughts?
    If they were to make a pixi successor, then it had better be a HUGE improvement. Pixi or Pixi plus, they were a little dissapointing. But it appears that they have been able to miniaturize a few essential items in the Veer. I am only hoping for a new Pixi/Candybar, if they can do it the right way.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I think they will make a Pixi 2 -- I know I'd buy one.

It's just a question of when. I think this fall when things start to settle down and HP gets to full steam we'll start to see phone announcements at a higher pace.
    The next release they will be releasing it ive seen it and its very small i think it will be more of a girls phone then a guys phone.
    A lot has been made of the Veer being a successor to the Pixi but given the different form factor I just don't see it. I see the Veer more as an evolution of the Pre form factor in the same way that the current generation of 4" slabs are to the smaller slabs that came before them. In my mind the only way any future HPalm form could be considered a successor to the Pixi is if it has the same form factor.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    The next release they will be releasing it ive seen it and its very small i think it will be more of a girls phone then a guys phone.
    Can you give some details? Like how it looks or dimensions?
    Im not completly sure what the dimensions are but its about half the size of the pixi.
    Not for this girl! Ick!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Im not completly sure what the dimensions are but its about half the size of the pixi.
    So how does this make it a girls phone?
    Remember, by this summer we'll see 4 new form factors either released or announced - Veer, Pre3, tab and the smaller tab. If HP is to believed, this is just the first wave.

I've never been a fan of candy bar phones, but I know other folks love 'em (In a perfect world, I'm a clamshell man, myself, but can't imagine a practical webOS device with that form factor).

I have great hopes for HP plowing ahead, however well this summer's devices sell initially.
    Quote Originally Posted by chilin View Post
    So how does this make it a girls phone?
    Cause its so small and guys like powerful phones girls dont really care for phones.
    Cause its so small and guys like powerful phones girls dont really care for phones.
    Great stereotyping
    Could you elaborate on how you have seen this phone?
    seen it when i went to some show.
    pixi pro...
    seen it when i went to some show.
    Thank you for the detailed response.
    Quote Originally Posted by chilin View Post
    Thank you for the detailed response.
    no problem
    no problem *******
    Oh, and that was what one calls sarcasm.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    pixi pro...
    I'm of the exact same mindset as the original poster. As a matter of fact, I wanted to start this exact thread a week ago, but I didn't believe anyone would care enough to reply!

Are you theorizing when you say "pixi pro", or stating something you have knowledge of? I hope it's the latter, as that will lift my spirits immensely if there IS something in the pipeline that is NOT a slider.
    tim
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I'd like to see an actual replacement for the Pixi. I have no problems with the slider design of the Pre but I prefer the candy bar style of the Pixi. It wouldn't bother me if they increased the screen size and made the phone wider, but it wouldn't be necessary. I don't see me buying a Veer, even if it was on Verizon, why live with the small screen AND have the same form factor as a Pre?

Jason
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast