Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn38 View Post
    I'd like to see an actual replacement for the Pixi. I have no problems with the slider design of the Pre but I prefer the candy bar style of the Pixi. It wouldn't bother me if they increased the screen size and made the phone wider, but it wouldn't be necessary. I don't see me buying a Veer, even if it was on Verizon, why live with the small screen AND have the same form factor as a Pre?

Jason
    Agreed. If I'm going with a slider it's going to be the Pre 3, not the Veer. I think the Veer is a unique concept but it's not a real replacement for the Pixi IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by chilin View Post
    Great stereotyping
    Thank you, from the chick that owns an Evo.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn38 View Post
    ...why live with the small screen AND have the same form factor as a Pre?

Jason
    EXACTLY! If I am going to be forced into a slider, I am NOT going to have all of the restrictions that the Veer will impose.
    tim
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Cause its so small and guys like powerful phones girls dont really care for phones.
    Please tell me that you are not serious!! break out the /sarcasm when you are using sarcasm, cause I can only accept this if you were using sarcasm!
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Please tell me that you are not serious!! break out the /sarcasm when you are using sarcasm, cause I can only accept this if you were using sarcasm!
    +175

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I am telling you, thin is in. I would rather have a thin phone in my pocket that is taller or wider than a tiny chub. Know what I am sayin? Know what I'm sayin? ;-)

seriously though, the pre looked pretty ridiculous in my pocket. the pixi is not so bad, go thin, go thin HP
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, the guy joined last month, he's got 30 posts, and knows info about our phone that no one else seems to. I smell a troll.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    i saw it at a show...mhmm
    just please call it something else that doesn't sound like a fairy.

maybe pixil/pixel or pix2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I am telling you, thin is in. I would rather have a thin phone in my pocket that is taller or wider than a tiny chub. Know what I am sayin? Know what I'm sayin? ;-)

seriously though, the pre looked pretty ridiculous in my pocket. the pixi is not so bad, go thin, go thin HP
    Agreed.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Remember, by this summer we'll see 4 new form factors either released or announced - Veer, Pre3, tab and the smaller tab. If HP is to believed, this is just the first wave.

I've never been a fan of candy bar phones, but I know other folks love 'em (In a perfect world, I'm a clamshell man, myself, but can't imagine a practical webOS device with that form factor).

I have great hopes for HP plowing ahead, however well this summer's devices sell initially.
    Well, I guess the pixi owners and those who wanted a slab were right to be worried that new form factors were not really around the corner.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    I agree to everyone here who isn't willing to make compromise. I'm mentally lurking around the new Blackberry also.

The Pixi form factor seems to be attractive especially to pro's. The Pixi, given its price and Palm's reputation, was in an un-official competition with Blackberry. The official compititors, in contrast, where low-end devices like HTC Chacha. Now HP has made the marketing strategy for webOS more consistent. They will not try to compete with Blackberry. They focus on the strength of webOS, which is that it doesn't need navigation buttons. It enables HP to built really elegant and really small phones and create a unique image for them. The Pixi doesn't fit - it is flat and light, but it isn't small and it has so many puzzling buttons on its front

My conclusion: no Pixi 2. Never a Pixi Pro (how funny of a name would that be?)

BTW has anyone tried the HTC Chacha already? Is it useful for anything else besides Facebook?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12