1.    #1  
    Hi, I've seen many posts on how to tether to use their pixi's internet.

I'd like to use my new pixi to tether to android phone for internet using bluetooth (i think thats the only way).

Has anyone tried this successfully and if so can you either explain the process or let me have a link to do it.

Thanks in advance and look foward to be learn a lot from you guys.

Rob
    If you have your Pixi activated on Verizon, you'd have a hotspot to use from the Pixi. An Android phone could connect via WiFi.

If not, I don't know if you could share the connection via BT. I don't know if two phones could pair up like that. If your goal is internet on the Android phone, why wouldn't you just activate it? Running a Pixi or Android phone is same price per month.
    After having my droid2 for a few days, I reactivated the pixi because some things like looking up contacts to call or text was a lot more cumbersome on the droid.

I decided to tether the droid so that I could have the nice small pixi with great keyboard and pleasant os for regular use but the droid would be available as well when I had it. After a while, I got tired of the pixi battery being low when I left work even without tethering so I reactivated the droid.

I was sort of thinking about how I could just make the carrier into a dumb pipe and use wifi tethering to run whatever phone I wanted but I gave up.

Now I use it the other way with my pre or pixi tethered to the droid when I want some webos goodness.
    Well. To find out how to tether using an android phone I suggest you ask on androidcentral?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

5.    #5  
    BurtReynolds,

actually I plan on using pdanet or another android application to tether pixi. Mainly because I want to use pixi as pda/email/im while using android primarily for internet and most web applications.
    I don't know if there is anything special i need to do in order to get the pixi to be able to tether through bluetooth for web connection.
  6.    #6  
    ChrisH,

Thanks for your response.

how were you able to get the pixi to tether to the android phone? Is there an android application that you can recommend?

I'm not sure if I need to do anything special to the pixi in order to use bluetooth tethering.

Are you using the latest palm software and any special program in order to get it to work.
  7.    #7  
    geeksquadkid,

Since I'm using android app to tether and it will have internet, I don't need to know anything android specific.
    The pixi is the issue because I don't know how to connect it to a tether program through bluetooth .
    I'm sure someone who has a pixi and been successful to get it tethered using bluetooth can help me know how they did it.
    Also, I read some places that you can do it but not with the latest update of webos. So I want to make sure that I don't update the pixi and not be able to do it.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Perhaps it is me, but your posts are a bit confusing. If you are trying to get the Pixi to access the internet via the Android phone why don't you just use Wireless Tether on the Android phone? It uses your 3G signal for the internet and turns the wireless radio into an access point. Meaning you just connect the Pixi to it like any other wireless network. That is going to be the easiest way to go about it.

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn38 View Post
    Perhaps it is me, but your posts are a bit confusing. If you are trying to get the Pixi to access the internet via the Android phone why don't you just use Wireless Tether on the Android phone? It uses your 3G signal for the internet and turns the wireless radio into an access point. Meaning you just connect the Pixi to it like any other wireless network. That is going to be the easiest way to go about it.

Jason
    The pixi doesn't have built-in wifi, as far as I know.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Pixi- no, Pixi+ yes. He said new Pixi but didn't specify, so I....assumed...Plus :/ Dumb, I know.

Jason
    Hi, I tried alredy to share my internet connection from my Android (rooted, which I shared alredy connection to my laptop also to a iPhone and it worked fine) via sevrel Wifi Tethering apps, but for some reason my wife's "pixi+" doesn't recognize this wifi, but the Wifi itself works from different normal wifi connections. (I also tried it on another pixi +, and the same issue there as well) . Any suggestions?