1. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    under heavy use using uk at 806.4 mhz, it runs between 41-49C. Is this too hot or is it normal for the Pixi?
    When i had mine at 806 it got very hot too i downclocked to 787 and it runs better and doesent get that hot eaither.
    You can put patches on your phone to warn you when your phone is getting too hot.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  4. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    You can put patches on your phone to warn you when your phone is getting too hot.
    what is 'too hot' though?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I believe the general warning was if you hit around 120 F shut down apps you're using and/or take it off the TS and let it cool down.
    Only time I ever got mine that hot was using MHS while on the TS so I had it lined up with my air conditioner in the summer months..
    well mine has been running those same temps as well, oh and I have 'device temp warning' patch installed, and I jasnt gone off @ all, so if it's working right or not, who knows.
    Mine wont go off eaither i wonder why?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    The alert for that patch is supposed to go off at 45C and again at 50C. Mine worked when I tried it out so not sure why yours isnt?
    I would suggest uninstalling it and try again but only for a brief time as a learning curve if you generally run too hot. Once you've got a "feel" for your temps I would uninstall it, it did noticeably affect my battery life. (i think it checks your battery temp every 5min) Putting my battery temp next to my battery % is enough to keep an eye out when the back feels extra warm..
    just take the back cover off when it gets hot I did that it went from 45 to 38 cooled down fast too withi minutes.