Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Has she got WiFi?

That would largely solve her problem, save battery power and speed up her web browsing in one easy step.
    yea but if the phone is broken which is possible then using wifi as a workaround is a bad advice. she should get a new one
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Has she got WiFi?

That would largely solve her problem, save battery power and speed up her web browsing in one easy step.
    Sadly she doesn't have WiFi at the moment. As you say, that would be an all-round improvement.
    thanks,
    Toby.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    gnark, your long post is good & imformative, thanks.

Yeah, I was calling it "interference" from the perspective of whatever other device is picking up the stray GSM signal. I do understand what is happening with the phone polling the network, handshaking, etc..\

Independantly I have also observed the GSM burst just before a phone receives an incoming call. At my previous place of work my pc speakers would pick up a co-workers phone just before he got an incoming call. It was like a little head-start for him.

She's in Berlin at the moment so should get nice 3G there. We'll see what happens.

When she heads back to Sachsen we'll try having her shut off the data usage and see what happens.

Hopefully it's not a defective unit but exchanging it is certainly an option.
    thanks,
    Toby.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12