Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    hoping mine gets here tomorrow and hoping everything works ok after Bo's experience. Was looking on *bay for an off contract phone for wife and saw daily steals selling Pxi+ in original box w/ free shipping for $59. Tried a couple diff Android flavors on my xv6900 this weekend to fill the time I thought I would be spending getting to know webOS.
    I got mine on Friday. Very cool phone! Only issue I am having is with AIM buddies automatically being added to my contacts list, it driving me nuts! There should be an option to use AIM without adding all the buddies into the contacts! Ugh!

And no, I don't want to delete anyone. I want it to not add to the contacts in the 1st place. :P
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    got my pixi, installed 1.4.5, synced exchange and gmail, installed Angry Birds lite, loving the phone so far. webOS is sooooo nice. Elegant compared to the flavors of android I've used. How long do you think I can hold out for Preware??
    I'd just go ahead and install it. That's one of the first things I did after I activated mine.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    pho dog - no reason to wait. you can hold out on overclocking and patches if you want, but there's no reason to not have easy access to homebrew apps. the patches are worth any risk imho. I have a few must-installs: Advanced Config for System Preferences, Advanced Config for App Launcher, Advanced reset options, character count, timestamps clean, new card per convo, landscape email and the GPS Fix for Verizon. Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    ok, loving the phone, fired up the mobile hotspot which was surprisingly fast. really starting to dig the keyboard. Preware tonight! thanks all. In a world of frankenphones its nice to be different. remember when the latest greatest cell phone was the newest smallest handset? Oh yeah changed my "sent from" sig to "webOS phone".
    I got the Pixi Plus for my girlfriend because I wanted her to see how awesome WebOS is compared to her dang Blackberry. She loves it.....except it keeps resetting! I had her put some paper by the battery just in case it was a lose battery and it didnt help. I also had her do a battery pull with no success. Any ideas? If I doctor it will it have to be activated again on Verizon or will it still be activated only wiped clean?

Also Im with sprint and she is with Verizon. Does the hotspot work for free on verizon or do I need to install it like I did on my Pre with Sprint? SHe will rarely if ever use it but I want her to have it available if needed. Thanks WebOS community!
    Quote Originally Posted by pixilicious View Post
    I got mine on Friday. Very cool phone! Only issue I am having is with AIM buddies automatically being added to my contacts list, it driving me nuts! There should be an option to use AIM without adding all the buddies into the contacts! Ugh!

And no, I don't want to delete anyone. I want it to not add to the contacts in the 1st place. :P
    I ran into this issue as well. At first it really bothered me, but then I remembered that one of the ideas WebOS is going for is just typing to get what you want, instead of browsing endless lists. The first few letters of the contact you're after ought to do the trick.
    Looks like the price keeps dropping, its going for $40 today... plus shipping at dailysteals.

So in a month, they're gonna be $20? lol
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Would make pretty sweet mp3 players . I hate my pixi sometimes, I should've gotten the pre+, but now I'm just waiting for other phones on my line to be up with their contract so I can get the pre3.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Preware! thanks for the tips on starter patches shrxwin. If it drops below $40 I'm getting at least one more. Tonight I started playing with Done! and toodledo. powerful combo.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    happy it's working for you After reading the Page Plus threads I might use my 2nd one as a home-phone backup. it would be nice always having a working number at home (since ditching the land line a few years ago). it would always be on WiFi in the house and would rarely be used for calls, but knowing it was there would be nice (it only took leaving my phone at work once to come up with THAT idea!)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12