Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to get a Pixi (either -/+) activated on Boost mobile?
    Probably not. Boost uses the iden network and not cdma.
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    Probably not. Boost uses the iden network and not cdma.
    Actually, Boost has a CDMA side too.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yeah, boost has CDMA now too. But since they are owned by sprint will they activate something like the Pixi? I'd think they'd be more likely to activate the Sprint Pixi over the Verizon, but who knows if they will do either... Has anyone had success getting it to work?
    Is Cricket an option where you live? I know people who live on the west coast have who have has success flashing VZW phones to their network.
    It's possible to get non-Boost phones activated, but it's pretty tricky. I'd check out the Boost Mobile section over at HowardForums. The people there will be able to give you better advice.
    My understanding was that these carriers identify phones that are "allowed" on their network via the ESN numbers. If you tried to activate a Sprint phone on Boost or Virgin, your ESN wouldn't come up in their system. I've read on Howard Forums or maybe XDA that there is a way to spoof your ESN, but a couple posts seemed to raise the concern of the legality of that practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurtReynolds View Post
    My understanding was that these carriers identify phones that are "allowed" on their network via the ESN numbers. If you tried to activate a Sprint phone on Boost or Virgin, your ESN wouldn't come up in their system. I've read on Howard Forums or maybe XDA that there is a way to spoof your ESN, but a couple posts seemed to raise the concern of the legality of that practice.
    Yea, changing the ESN number is illegal. I've heard many stories of Boost reps adding non-Boost ESNs to their network though. You just need to find a rep who is willing to do so.
    For verizon pixi plus you can activate it on page plus wireless. I just did this. It uses verizon network, they will activate the phone without questions asked. They have a $29.99 plan for 1200 min / 2000 txt /100mb data. I really like it so far.