webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > Palm Pixi touch screen not working
Palm Pixi touch screen not working

Old 02/14/2011, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all
my palm pixi touch screen stopped working, and its the second set that had the problem, (and since I'm in Asia) no support.

The only commonality in both sets is that I set it on the Touchstone overnight....and it does get hot.
I suspect that the "glue" between the faceplate to digitizer is effected by the heat and thus spoils the pressure between faceplate to digitizer.

Anyone experienced this?
daexpression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2011, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your Pixi is not the only one with issues on part of the touchscreen. I hadn't suspected the heat from the touchstone, but that seems a reasonable thought.
troyfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2012, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
Hi all
my palm pixi touch screen stopped working, and its the second set that had the problem, (and since I'm in Asia) no support.

The only commonality in both sets is that I set it on the Touchstone overnight....and it does get hot.
I suspect that the "glue" between the faceplate to digitizer is effected by the heat and thus spoils the pressure between faceplate to digitizer.

Anyone experienced this?
Switch on your Pixi, keep the screen on, Hold it against a CRT/Tube TV, switch on the TV, and turn it off. The static from the TV will activate the touch screen.

Source: Worked for me, and a couple other people:

Switch on your Pixi, keep the screen on, Hold it against a CRT/Tube TV, switch on the TV, and turn it off. The static from the TV will activate the touch screen.

uaddit.com / discussions / showthread . php ? t=13110

All The best!
neoritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2012, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the TV idea. Unfortunately I didn't have the tube tv. I used a blanket (that used to give me static all the time), rubbed it against the bed couple of times and then touched the phone screen - repeated couple of times. Screen started working again.
vijuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2012, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuj View Post
Thanks for the TV idea. Unfortunately I didn't have the tube tv. I used a blanket (that used to give me static all the time), rubbed it against the bed couple of times and then touched the phone screen - repeated couple of times. Screen started working again.
my cell started working again but one day later doesnt worked, how many time i need to do this??
dhial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2012, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhial View Post
my cell started working again but one day later doesnt worked, how many time i need to do this??
mine recently stopped working also. No response from the touch screen at all, but other functions worked fine. TV trick failed. However, I took off the screen guard and it started working no problem. I'm guess it has something to do with the plastic guard and polarization of the screen.

If you have a plastic screen guard on it, try removing it.

edit: Cr@p, it was the TV trick that did it. Got it working again for about 2 hours, then had to zap it again. Someone want to explain what's going on?

Last edited by echo5; 06/27/2012 at 05:27 PM.
echo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2012, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have been searching this morning for a fix for my pixi--the screen would come on but I could not unlock it. I tried the trick above and it worked. I will keep my fingers crossed that it will continue working. I usually leave my phone on the touchstone overnight. Should I stop doing that? Thanks very much.
jpurcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2012, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have the same issue. What I would like to know is how do I save or export my contacts and text messages to my computer?
Carlene222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 11:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoritz View Post

uaddit.com / discussions / showthread . php ? t=13110

All The best!
I can't believe that tv thing worked but it did I had to turn the tv on and off a few times but it worked. OMG technolgy is Awesome and Weird at the same time.
Brian Hardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm having a similar problem. I bought the touchstone a while back but stopped using it after some issues with my pixi shutting its self off and being unrepresentative. I also removed the protective screen cover for similar reasons so yesterday when my entire screen stopped responding suddenly (It had been perfectly fine only 20 min before) again I was understandably annoyed. I've tried the tv method but nothing is working. Any other suggestions?
lizosarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2013, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizosarus View Post
I'm having a similar problem. I bought the touchstone a while back but stopped using it after some issues with my pixi shutting its self off and being unrepresentative. I also removed the protective screen cover for similar reasons so yesterday when my entire screen stopped responding suddenly (It had been perfectly fine only 20 min before) again I was understandably annoyed. I've tried the tv method but nothing is working. Any other suggestions?
If you haven't fixed it, try the tv screen several times. I had to do it for at least 20 times, incredibly it works fine. I believe is the static generated by the magnetism of the touchstone, since I've had the phone for over a year and never had this problem until I bought a touchstone.
leonardo_calderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2013, 03:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

To anyone out there with a Pixi who still has this problem:

CRT TVs can be hard to find these days, and on humid summer days its hard to find a cat with enough electrostatic charge to bring your phone's screen back. My Pixi suffers from this problem, and the TV only works for me for 12-24 hours at a time. Plus, it seems that heat and vibration (or dropping the phone) really exacerbate the problem. I think I've found something, though, that seems to help a LOT more than a TV screen.

Whenever the problem occurs, I:
  1. Remove the Phone's backing
  2. Remove the battery (even if the phone is on)
  3. Wait 15+ Seconds
  4. Replace the battery, along with something else to really hold the battery firmly in one place.*
  5. Replace the phone's cover and turn the phone back on

*I use a half a post-it note. I fold it a few times, wrap the edge farthest from the battery terminals with it hot-dog bun style, then stick the battery in. When I replace the cover, there's a slight bulge where this paper lies.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it works for you.

EDIT: I also find that keeping the phone *cool* and *vibration free* helps prevent the issue. I.E. I don't keep the phone in my pocket anymore.

Last edited by zvakin; 06/19/2013 at 01:58 PM.
zvakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2013, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvakin View Post
To anyone out there with a Pixi who still has this problem:

CRT TVs can be hard to find these days, and on humid summer days its hard to find a cat with enough electrostatic charge to bring your phone's screen back. My Pixi suffers from this problem, and the TV only works for me for 12-24 hours at a time. Plus, it seems that heat and vibration (or dropping the phone) really exacerbate the problem. I think I've found something, though, that seems to help a LOT more than a TV screen.

Whenever the problem occurs, I:
  1. Remove the Phone's backing
  2. Remove the battery (even if the phone is on)
  3. Wait 15+ Seconds
  4. Replace the battery, along with something else to really hold the battery firmly in one place.*
  5. Replace the phone's cover and turn the phone back on

*I use a half a post-it note. I fold it a few times, wrap the edge farthest from the battery terminals with it hot-dog bun style, then stick the battery in. When I replace the cover, there's a slight bulge where this paper lies.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it works for you.

EDIT: I also find that keeping the phone *cool* and *vibration free* helps prevent the issue. I.E. I don't keep the phone in my pocket anymore.
I've tried all that and I still can't get the phone to work for more than a few minutes. I have a big CRT TV that produces a lot of electrostatic, and to get the phone working, I have to be there rubbing the phone to the TV for 10 minutes or more, so that it can work for a few minutes. I really enjoyed the Pixi and I want to find a permanent solution for this. Do you think that replacing the digitizer might do it?

Last edited by DGinja; 08/05/2013 at 05:58 PM.
DGinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2013, 04:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

I have the same issue with my Pixi,
it's hard to deal with it because the CRT Solution works for me (it's so crazy that it works!) but after a couple of hours it's broken again.

can someone confirm that the CRT solution worked for longer than some days?
I would like to find out if it makes sense to test it with a different CRT or if i need to do this again and again till the old TV breaks down

The Post-it Solution didn't worked with my device.

PS: After trouble with my Pre3 I tried to get back to the Pixi, I just love this Phone! Even with all it's limitations. Hopefully the screen will come back again.
Palminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2013, 04:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

My palm pixi plus touch screen was not working ...........I had trying every trick.....
do you have more tricks..............for palm phone
subhendu.barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2013, 07:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

what can I do guys my phone is not working last night until now ? what is the solution of the touchscreen ?

PLS HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
23flic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2014, 09:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

My Dad's pixi's touch also stopped working and I tried the TV trick(I still use the CRT TV at home) and viola! it started working again. Thank you soo much for it.
Rahil Dalal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2014, 09:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

Haha this is the craziest thread I've seen in a while!

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2014, 07:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
Hi all

Anyone experienced this?
I have this issue too. However I have a different solution. First the symptoms... the screen goes dark and will not recover, right? Well if you look at the screen at different angles in bright light you will see the screen is still active just no back light. You can still control the screen if you get the light angle just right. You need to reboot the Pixi to get the screen back on(I guess the static(TV Tube probably works but I have never tried it)). Soooo you need to reboot the phone using the touch screen in bright light at the right angle OR you can use the Quick Key Reboot, this involves pressing 3 keys on the keyboard at the same time. With a little practice you can do this with your spare hand in about 2 seconds. The first of the 3 keys is the key you use to activate the numbers on your keyboard(option key). The second key is the Sym key. The third key is the R key. Once you perfect this Quick Key Reboot method it will take about 4 seconds then the phone will reboot. I do not think the Touchstone has anything to do with this issue. I think the plastic screen guard may be part of the problem but I will not get rid of mine because the screen itself is plastic and susceptible to scratches. Enjoy!
vudude is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0