Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A new digitizer is less than $15 shipped. My Pixi+ digitizer just died and I bought one on ebay for $12. The Pixi is the simplest phone to disassemble and reassemble.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    My first Palm Pixi also suffered from the "ghost fingertips" symptom followed by the touch screen becoming completely unresponsive. I tried the CRT trick without success, disassembled and reassembled without success, and finally purchased a new screen off Ebay, also with no success. It seems, at least in my case, that the problem was with the motherboard or CPU, perhaps the circuitry that establishes the capacitance of the touchscreen.

You should still be able to pull photos, music, and videos off of it by establishing a usb connection with a computer, though you may have trouble due to the need to select "usb drive" vs. "charge only". Your last resort may then be to access data through recovery mode and the use of one of the Palm Doctor or development tools, which are now difficult to find due to HP removing their software download web pages.
    I assume this will work on the pixi: Option+Sym+U = USB mode.
    I just tried using Option+Sym+U after connecting my Palm Pixi with a computer and can confirm that this puts the device into USB mode without the use of the touch screen.

However on my old Pixi with a broken screen, this did not work since the device was removed from the Verizon network and now gets stuck in the Palm Profile activation screen. I haven't been able to find a copy of the webOS SDK to download with which to bypass activation.
    Quote Originally Posted by theleafman View Post
    I just tried using Option+Sym+U after connecting my Palm Pixi with a computer and can confirm that this puts the device into USB mode without the use of the touch screen.

However on my old Pixi with a broken screen, this did not work since the device was removed from the Verizon network and now gets stuck in the Palm Profile activation screen. I haven't been able to find a copy of the webOS SDK to download with which to bypass activation.
    Have you tried googling by filename? There was a copy of the Palm-era SDK in somebody's dropbox, and hopefully i'll find it for you before i go to bed. But all you really need is devicetool.jar, and that's a much smaller download. Since you already have the Doctor for Pixi, you'll be able to extract the kernel uImage and add it to devicetool if there isn't one already
    Thanks Remy X, but I was finally able to download the Palm SDK, appropriate webOS doctor, and other tools from the HP website via links and host file modifications found here. I used devicetool.jar to bypass the Palm Profile activation on my old Pixi with a non-responsive touchscreen but found none of my old photos or music when I browsed via USB drive. I also extracted PalmDatabase.db3 via WOSQI and it contained none of my old messages, memos, or contacts. Perhaps the device was reset somehow following the activation of my replacement phone? I know that when a de-activated Palm Pixi detects that it is no longer on a network, a window pops up offering the choice of total erase of data or shut down only. It's possible that without input via the touchscreen, it defaulted to total erase.
    hi there again,
    if you have been following this post you may know that my backup pixi plus touchscreen died last year, i got a new one from ebay, installed it and everything was working fine until last night (i use the pixi plus as a radio with tunein radio). i tried the tv trick but nothing, i was about to give up and thought, one more try... and voila. the touchscreen is working again
    i hope it will remain that way, i have noticed some ghost fingertips now and then but at the moment it is working
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12