1.    #1  
    Ok, so my phone is supposed to be the Pixi Plus. It was supposedly two weeks old from Verizon when I got it, and I flashed it to Cricket. I traded for it with another individual and I'm happy as a clam with the phone, but I bought a charging stone last week from Ebay. Now the Plus model is supposed to have the battery cover appropriate for the stone, am I right? Well my phone will not magnetize to the stone, no way no how. The stone will pick up a small screwdriver lol, but no way my phone. So the question is how to tell the difference, one phone or other? Or, what's wrong with stone or phone that they won't work together?
    The Pixi Plus has wifi, the Pixi, does not. It's possible that the previous owner swapped the battery cover for a non-touchstone one.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    the Verizon Pixi Plus that many of us bought off deal sites the last two weeks arrived without the touchstone back. I was able to get colored backs for 7 bucks from Verizon's site with free overnight shipping, and picked up a couple of the black ones from a local Radio Shack for 4 bucks
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I got the wifi so I have the Plus model. As for the back, I got the phone from a trade with a gal on Craigslist. She wanted what I was selling, offered my Pixi up as trade bait and I bit. She never liked the phone lol, I sure don't know why cause I love the thing. Question...how solidly should the phone magnatize to the stone? Ok and to the stone magnets ever wear out?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    when you've got it lined up well it'll feel kind of like a snap - it's on the stone. it can be knocked off it but not super easy. hard to explain i guess! it will go either portrait or landscape on the stone.

I'm not sure about the durability of the magnets, I've had my Pre since last spring and haven't noticed any difference in magnetic strength.

I really like my Pixi too, I was surprised at how much since I already loved my Pre. It's so light and easy to hold and the keyboard feels a lot better to me than the Pre's Plus having a bright blue back and a bright pink back make it more fun!
  6.    #6  
    Then I don't have the correct battery cover. Radio Shack sells them? I reckon I'll have to get one cause I really like the idea of using this stone.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    oh yeah once you go touchstone you don't go back since they were on clearance maybe every Radio Shack wouldn't have them. but the Verizon site had free shipping plus cool colors
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Another easy tell is that the touchstone back is pebbled kinda like a golf ball!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    I checked several Radio Shacks and had no luck. Of all I stopped at, there was only one Pre cover and the clerks said they'd gotten rid of the Palm stuff long ago. The Verizon website was cheap and really fast delivery.
  10.    #10  
    Pebbled, kinda like a golf ball. Nope, I for sure don't have the correct back cover then. And now I'm a little cheezed off because the gal who traded me this phone obviously kept the correct back cover for herself, without telling me of course that it was not the correct back on the phone. Oh welllllll. At least I know now it isn't the touchstone gone bad, and I'll find a cover. Thanks all.
    You can get those covers cheap all over the internet

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    ShadeTree - Verizon has dropped the price to 4.97 with free shipping, and black is even an option (I was so dazzled by blue and pink I didn't even notice last week hahaha)
    Link
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
    Ok, so my phone is supposed to be the Pixi Plus. It was supposedly two weeks old from Verizon when I got it, and I flashed it to Cricket. I traded for it with another individual and I'm happy as a clam with the phone, but I bought a charging stone last week from Ebay. Now the Plus model is supposed to have the battery cover appropriate for the stone, am I right? Well my phone will not magnetize to the stone, no way no how. The stone will pick up a small screwdriver lol, but no way my phone. So the question is how to tell the difference, one phone or other? Or, what's wrong with stone or phone that they won't work together?
    If the phone is:
    Sprint its a Palm Pixi
    Verizon its a Palm Pixi Plus (has wifi)

I offer a 1 click Self flashing ROM - features such as: app catalog, IM/Chat, 3G Internet, Sprint Navigation (for Sprint phones), amazon app, Youtube app, facebook app, and more.. all these features will work over the air.

Many phones that get flashed to Cricket or MetroPCS can only use many of these features with WiFI.

send me an email for more info: jacknabvoip@gmail.com
  14.    #14  
    Chad, thank you for your help in recovering my little Pixi. Your ROM as it turns out has a few bugs in it yet, but it's been a God send for me. And I look forward to recieving the latest version when you get it ready. For anyone out here having troubles with a Pixi flashed, I very highly recommend you drop this dude an email.
    Just to be sure, the pixi touchstone back cover is the same no matter what carrier you have right? So, If I buy them from verizon site, it will work on my sprint pixi? =)
    Thanks
    Anyone know a cheap place to get the actual charger as well? 15$ verizon site.. that good deal?
    Last edited by GenTarkin; 03/02/2011 at 04:39 PM.
    That's the best price I've seen the Touchstone go for so far. I'd get it from there.