Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I purchased a $50 Pixi+ to play with. Here's how I went about activating it on Pageplus/Wifi only.

1) Purchased (on ebay) a PP activation, with $2 credit for $1, and activated MEID with a new PP line.

2) Turned on the phone, and let it dial Verizon to activate itself.

3) Downloaded webOS quick install, and installed Novacom driver.

4) Download the Activation Bypass Tool Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

5) Bypassed activation, (java -jar devicetool.jar), rebooted phone, and made the required first phone to call activate the account. (The call does not need to complete, you just need to press 1 to activate the account, and hang up while it's ringing.)

6) Doctored the phone back to stock, booted, and created a new Palm profile.

3-6) After the Pixi dowloads the PRL etc., and before creating a palm profile, tap the phone icon, and 'call customer service'. Press 1 for english, and listen to the prompt. This is enough of a 'first phone call' to complete activating a new PP account. Now complete your palm profile.

7) Turned off data.

After activation, $1.91 remained on the account. Total cost $1, with 19 minutes remaining.
    Last edited by jbern8; 02/13/2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Odd, it sounds a bit excessive.

I do not understand the need for #4, #5, #6.

I just did ESN change to the new phone (I already was P+ customer), turned on the phone, just went through the normal activation (during which it asked me to create the profile), and completed programming and it was done.

Just went to the phone app and disabled the data connection and I was done. Used up 7cents worth of data setting it all up.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    Odd, it sounds a bit excessive.

I do not understand the need for #4, #5, #6.

I just did ESN change to the new phone (I already was P+ customer), turned on the phone, just went through the normal activation (during which it asked me to create the profile), and completed programming and it was done.

Just went to the phone app and disabled the data connection and I was done. Used up 7cents worth of data setting it all up.
    I'm was not a pageplus customer, and was activaing the phone for a new account. You need to make an initial phone call for the account to be fully active, and to be able to use data. Hence it's a catch-22, you need to place a call for data to be active, but you need data to get past the intial 'first use' screen.

But you are right, #3-#6 is excessive. After the Pixi dowloads the PRL etc., and before creating a palm profile, tap the phone icon, and 'call customer service'. Press 1 for english, and listen to the prompt. This is enough of a 'first phone call' to complete activating a new PP account. Now complete you palm profile, and your are done.
    Last edited by jbern8; 02/13/2011 at 05:51 PM.
    @jbern8 Thanks for putting this up
    Hi all hope someone can help me.

Just bought from a used Pixi in the US (former AT&T now unblocked). The phone was working fine but brilliantly i decided to reset it so all the files and contacts of his prevous ower would be erased.

Then the problems came. IMPORTANT IM LIVING IN MOZAMBIQUE, se help from the operators here regarding to PALM will be ZERO

When i sign in i put my email address, then it fails to sign in and then i put the APN manually and it still fails. Saying that due to low coverage bla bla bla i need to put the settings manually but its the same.

Any help that you can give me will be appreciated.

BR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesclas View Post
    Hi all hope someone can help me.

Just bought from a used Pixi in the US (former AT&T now unblocked). The phone was working fine but brilliantly i decided to reset it so all the files and contacts of his prevous ower would be erased.

Then the problems came. IMPORTANT IM LIVING IN MOZAMBIQUE, se help from the operators here regarding to PALM will be ZERO

When i sign in i put my email address, then it fails to sign in and then i put the APN manually and it still fails. Saying that due to low coverage bla bla bla i need to put the settings manually but its the same.

Any help that you can give me will be appreciated.

BR
    It failed to sign in because it requires data to make that call and you don't have any. Try the method in the op above.
    Wifi only?