1.    #1  
    I'm trying to activate a used Pixi+ that the previous owner had done a secure hard reset prior to shipping it to me. Initially I called Pageplus and change the ESN from my old phone to the Pixi+. After creating my profile I get this Sign In Failed message: "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. When you are in a location with service, please try again." When I call my number the phone does not ring and it goes straight to voice mail. Any thoughts?
    try creating a new palm profile. If that does not work doctor your phone. If that doesn't work call your carrier
  3.    #3  
    Tried creating new profile, sign in failed again.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I don't know anything about Page Plus but it sounds like they are the ones that can help make sure the phone made it's initial programming phone call
  5.    #5  
    I'll be calling Page+ when they open at 9. Hope it's not a bad ESN or anything like that.

They wanted me to call *22890 but after start up the first screen is the Palm Profile screen and I can get pass or get rid of that screen that to make that call. How can I get pass that screen?
    Last edited by pixi kid; 02/13/2011 at 01:11 PM.
    I HEARD from someone that you can make "Emergency" call even without activating.

While making Emergency call, delete 911 displayed, type in *22890 and send.

Should program your phone. Then, try to activate again.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixi kid View Post
    I'll be calling Page+ when they open at 9. Hope it's not a bad ESN or anything like that.

They wanted me to call *22890 but after start up the first screen is the Palm Profile screen and I can get pass or get rid of that screen that to make that call. How can I get pass that screen?
    Does page+ offer data on smartphones?? I thought not :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Does page+ offer data on smartphones?? I thought not :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just looked, they offer small data options, but it's all prepaid, so not going to be there when activating the phone. So, I'm not really sure this is going to work.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    I HEARD from someone that you can make "Emergency" call even without activating.

While making Emergency call, delete 911 displayed, type in *22890 and send.

Should program your phone. Then, try to activate again.
    Tried it and still same result, sign in failed.
    I have had this same problem activating used phones on Sprint- it is the network settings in the phone app. They have to be redone even after a full wipe- the network settings stay the same as the old user had. I assume this is so that if one wipes their own phone they can sign back in. There are two #s that need to be entered, one is the phone #, the other is for network identification. I can't remember the hash code for phone settings, customer service should be able to walk you through it.
  11.    #11  
    Success at last. Talked with a Page+ crs that had firsthand experience activating a Pixi for a friend of hers. She noticed the data access was turned off on my plan and turned it back on for the profile activation. It was smooth sailing from that point and my profile creation went through to completion. The Pixi+ works fine now. Thanks everyone for you help.

Now on to getting some kewl apps to play with.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    this just happened to me too. when you click on "emergency call", it takes you to the phone app, but it doesnt automatically dial 911. So you can use the delete button in the top right corner to delete 911 and dial *228. It should work from there.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    i am having the same exact problem. How did the page+ person help you?