1.    #1  
    it keeps saying to login under download options when i go to download a theme! i AM LOGGED IN!!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    your logged in Preware?
  3.    #3  
    ahhh completely new at this what do i neeed to do...whats preware
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...d-preware.html

yea this site doesn't have the themes you need preware
  5.    #5  
    yea screw it cant figure it out, saying **** with novacom drivers
    you need to download it to your PC, not your phone...
  7.    #7  
    im trying to download it to my pc and thats what it says when i go to install
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    1. Mis-matched your choice of device. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. If your target is the WebOS emulator on your computer, choose "Emulator"; if your target is a real device, like a Palm Pre, choose "USB Device".
    2. Your device and/or computer are not configured correctly. WebOS Quick Install depends on both your device being ready for the connection as well as your computer being ready for the connection.
      • Novacom needs to be installed on your computer. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. Click the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
        • Alternatively, Windows users can manually install Novacom via this method.
        • Linux users can download Novacom here. Read this guide if your Linux distribution doesn't use Debian files.
        • A computer restart is highly recommended.
        • Windows users can verify Novacom is running by going StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and looking for a "Palm Novacom" entry and making sure it's started.
      • Bad USB Connection
        • It's recommended to plug in your device into a main USB port that outputs power
        • Some people have reported devices, like Canon printers, interfering with a Novacom-based connection
        • It's highly recommended to use an OEM USB cable, as some eBay ones have been reported to prevent a Novacom-based connection
      • WebOS device needs to have DevMode.
        • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature. Don't worry, the reset won't wipe any data.
        • Some circumstances can cause the the toggle to show as enabled even when its disabled. To solve this problem, disable it then re-enable it.
        • Some people report OTA updates reset DevMode. Keep that in mind when updating.
      • Novacom Connection Issue
        • Rare, but not unheard of. Restarting the service (or your computer) will fix this
        • On Windows, go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and look for a "Palm Novacom" entry. Right click it and choose "Restart"
      • Wrong Java Installation
        • Some people have reported that installing 32bit Java on 64bit computer, and vice versa, can cause issues when running WebOS Quick Install
      • When you plugin your device, choose "Just Charge"

Quote Originally Posted by steveyo View Post
    im trying to download it to my pc and thats what it says when i go to install
    There isn't any log in necessary to install Preware. Are you actually talking about the "preware" app in the official palm app catalog? That is something you have to buy, and logging in would be required to authorize the purchase by your Plam profile.
  10.    #10  
    thanks for trying to help really do appritiate it, but i seriously have NO clue what to do with all this... seems like way to much stuff
    buy the preware documentation app in the app catalog. it is an excellent bit of documentation.
  12.    #12  
    im trying that now ill keep u posted lol, and are u saying themes will mess up my phone?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyo View Post
    thanks for trying to help really do appritiate it, but i seriously have NO clue what to do with all this... seems like way to much stuff

just take your time a read everything.. twice
    took me a couple of days to finally try to download preware
    it gets easier