1.    #1  
    Since i have a sprint pixi, i cant use the wifi, so stuck with bluetooth and usb.
    Got usb tethering working just fine with my laptop. Awesome app.
    Testing out a Galaxy Tab with bluetooth.
    I can get them to pair but cant get BT tethering to work.
    Any of you getting this to work?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Works for me on a Sprint Pixi. Added the device on the laptop as a network connection. Once the devices were paired, I just need to turn on USB at freeTether, connect, and then everything flies through.
    Yeah works for me really well, just make sure to have your bluetooth manager on your pc started and then turn your pixi bluetooth on.

I would recommend clearing your cache on your browser as well. For some reason it works ALOT faster for me on the bluetooth connection then.

I would also say to keep your phone half a arms length from the laptop, to close sometimes creates problems.
    Would anyone be willing to guide my wife through the steps of setting up the tether while I'm at work? Please email me asmithwick1 at gmail dot com if you will do this!
    If you're having to reboot your pixi to get freetether to work nicely with a 64-bit W7 machine, I would suggest giving your computer's BT a fixed IP address. I've noticed that DHCP doesn't always work that well over the BT on my computer, so I had to use a static IP that's basically what freetether's DHCP server would have given out.

Now I get almost instant connectivity.

ETA: don't forget to set your DNS addresses on your computer because if the DHCP info isn't giving out good IP address info, it certainly won't pass on the DNS lookup addresses either.

I also did the same thing for my USB cable connection and it works like a charm too.

I doubt that native IPv6 will work... at least at this point, but then again, I haven't tried it. Perhaps a tunneled HE type system would work though... but I'm not that into it to try it.
    Last edited by akulahawk; 09/18/2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: tomhat9 reminded me of a step...
    I struggled with my Windows 7 64-bit system initially after getting it to connect via bluetooth. I did what akulahawk suggested, put in a static IP address and the gateway that freetether displayed. And still didn't have any luck. When I ran Windows Network Troubleshooting, it was telling me that I wasn't getting any DNS response, so I entered in Googles DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it worked like a charm after that!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhat9 View Post
    I struggled with my Windows 7 64-bit system initially after getting it to connect via bluetooth. I did what akulahawk suggested, put in a static IP address and the gateway that freetether displayed. And still didn't have any luck. When I ran Windows Network Troubleshooting, it was telling me that I wasn't getting any DNS response, so I entered in Googles DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it worked like a charm after that!
    Thanks for reminding me... I did also manually enter the DNS addresses also. I think I also used Google's DNS, I think I just forgot that I did it, so I forgot to mention it.